Thread: Thermos Ultimate flask

‹bermensch

Got a new 0.8l Thermos Thermax Ultimate flask a few weeks ago and have to say it's by far the best I've used. It's quite light at only 395g (only 90g heavier than my 0.3l Primus one) and yet works far better than much heavier 1l ones I've used in the past. Liquid put in at 8am is still so hot by 6pm I have to wait for a while to drink it after pouring -- even though I've been taking drinks from it throughout the day and so it's down to the last dregs. I've not acually tested the claim that it will keep stuff hot for 24 hours, but I can believe it would. Also, the slot down the side of the stopper provides an extremely good flow when it's unscrewed half a turn -- no dribbles at all.

I would have put this in the review section, but I'm never sure if the OM system will let me and it takes too long to find out.

That's encouraging.

The last Thermos flask Ibought, didn't keep the contents hot for more thanacouple of hours, even with a thermal jacket on it!

Even when I took it backto the shop I bought it from, not once, but thrice, who were sympathetic and exchanged it without question, the subsequent ones were no better!

I've bought and used cheap Outwell ones, far more successfully. However, after seeing a friends Primus one earlier this year, I was very impressed, so Iow use my Primus and my son has the Outwell flask.

Initiate
    hi guy---i need a new flask----what kind of pouring top does it have----i use a flask every day and seem to break ones with fancy pouring arrangements----i am hopng my next will have a plain old fashioned screw top----regards lr

There's quite a few excellent reviews about this flask.Have just ordered a 0.5l one online from Tesco Direct at price of £20.Decided to save on postage by arranging to collect from my local Tesco store.Hope it's going to be as good as everyone says it is.

‹bermensch
    lentenrose -- it's one of the sort that has two slots down opposite sides of the threaded section on the stopper, so when you unscrew it half a turn you can pour liquid out without actually removing the top. The main thing is that it works, and has no moving parts to go wrong/get clogged up.

Initiate
    thanks guy ---will have a look----regards lr

Initiate
    Thanks for that review. I bought a 0.5l flask, filled it with boiling water and 17hrs later the water was still too hot to put my finger in for more than about a second (ie probably above 60C).

Not a very scientific test as I couldn't find my thermometer and I didn't remove the top at any time during the 17hrs, which I would have done if I had actually been using the flask.

Seems to outperform all my other flasks and I should keep drinks hot all day.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

I've had the product page bookmarked for a while now, but each time I've gone to buy it I've not been able to get over the high price. However, I've just noticed that the already lowest-price-on-the-web at Tesco Direct now has an additional 20% off. This was enough to push me over the edge, £17.60 aint too bad for the 0.8L version especially if you collect it from a store.

Hope it's good

<a href='http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.209-6892.aspx' target='_blank' rel='nofollow'>0.8L (£17.60)
    </a>

0.5L (£16.00)

I paid £20 for the 0.5L from Tesco.Really pleased with it and very tempted to purchase another at the reduced prices.

After buying the Trail "best in test" flask, filling it with boiling water first to heat it up and then refilling it again to make sure it couldn't be hotter.I was dissapointed to find my water luke warm after only six or seven hours.

I got told about this

Thermos lite and compact

You can still use the water to make a propper brew for 12 hours easily, and even after 24 hours it's stll very hot, not warm hot.

It beats any other flask I've seen hands down and it only costs £5 more than the other 1L flasks around and outperforms all of them.

Sometimes on an overnighter I will take the flask and no stove in the knowledge that it will be good for 24 hours.

I've now bought the flask, and I must thank OP (Guy Hurst). It really is excellent. It feels really well made, looks good and pours well. It's light for it's size (you can make it lighter if you remove the silicone bumpers) and pretty compact

However, most importantly it seems to be very efficient. The water was still very hot after 12hrs (ie. you wouldn't want to put your finger in it) and still easily hot enough for an enjoyable drink after a full 25hrs (!).

Yes,I have to agree that it's really good.Shame that Tesco have now put the price back up to £20 for the 0.5L(Was reduced to £16 for a short while)

I have to say I have a Primus flask and took it to the top of kilimanjaro and it was still as hot on the summit 9 hours after I started. Now I know you are all talking longer times than 9 hours but at nearly 6000m it is a great flask.