Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conway Council dog restrictions

Good. I like Conwy council. They are by far the most sorted council in North Wales. If they go forward with this proposal I'm sure they will actually do something about enforcing it - something my local council could learn from.

Ultra King

Good.

Most London boroughs have these rules in place including dogs must be on a lead on the pavement. Also two of our local parks are now dog free.

Enforcing it seems to be a huge job though.

I agree with the need for dog owners to clear up the mess their animals make, but that's only half the story. I can honestly say after many years of dog ownership that none of them has ever left his mess in anyone else's garden. How many cat owners can make the same claim?

Isn't this a bit out of proportion? What about all the mess the humans make, totally unchecked most of it not totally biodegradable? I can understand it in parks and on pavements but in the hills? Have they really nothing better to do with their time than devise stupid plans lke this? See dog shit, walk round it. Simple.

Ultra King
    Does being an arsehole come naturally Woozle or do you work at it?

What Mick asked.

Ultra King

So look at it this way. All animals crap on the hills, dogs too. It degrades naturally. It's natural. It's always been like that. But now, you have to take your little plastic trowel and your little plastic bag (hopefully biodegradable, probably not) collect your dog's turds, carry them back to the city, put them in a rubbish bin to await collection by someone driving a badly adjusted diesel fueled lorry who takes them to the local environmentally sound tip where if they are in a biodegradable bag they will eventually rot and if not, not... insted of just letting them degrade naturally as they have for millenia. That's REALLY logical isn't it. It's embarassing.
    Next step councils collecting sheep crap, fox crap, boar crap, squirrel crap, vole crap, cat crap, badger crap, cow crap, horse crap ZZZzzzzzz in case someone squeamish like dray steps in it in his new boots Plus you have to pay a bunch of people to go round enforcing it???!!!

As ever you spectacularly miss the point, Woozle. I wonder if you don't do it deliberately.

These are popular open spaces generally in urban environments that folk are talking about. How would you feel about your kid happily munching on a dog turd while you're having a picnic in the park?

I do however, sort of agree with the poop bag point you make, much as it pains me to do so. Judging by the number of these little parcels you see hanging from bushes, lying in the verge and lurking behind benches, it would appear that a lot of dog owners haven't quite grasped the concept.

Ultra King

I don't wear boots Woozle and squeamish i certainly aint but i do have a grasp of basic hygiene and basic English. The legislations are aimed at urban areas as are clearly stated.

I think you do do it deliberately.

As ever Mrs. Nesbit you specatacularly fail to interpret what I wrote as it was intended. By "I can understand it in parks and on pavements but in the hills?" I intended meant that I was in agreement with the proposal for parks and pavements but not in the hills and mountains.

So why are you banging on about the hills then and being insulting to people?

Oh yes, of course. It's because you're a complete cock with no social skills. I'm so forgetful.

@M.Dray
    "The legislations are aimed at urban areas as are clearly stated."

Well I must be really thick and apologise profusely for my lack of understanding of basic english. I thought that the words (in english)

"It is proposed to make the whole of the County a dog faeces removal area"

in the proposal meant the whole of the county (doh! stupid woozle) including the hills and mountains which are in the county and much publicised by the Conwy tourist authority. Silly me. I'm so stupid it hurts.

Listen Nesbit you fuckwit, the first insult here came from dray. Is that too hard for you to understand? Is your dislike for me so intense that you can't see the reality for what it is and have to invent insults ingoring those that are actually there in black and white?

"Does being an arsehole come naturally Woozle or do you work at it?"

That is an insult.

NOW FIND ME ONE IN THE FOLLOIWING...

"Isn't this a bit out of proportion? What about all the mess the humans make, totally unchecked most of it not totally biodegradable? I can understand it in parks and on pavements but in the hills? Have they really nothing better to do with their time than devise stupid plans lke this? See dog shit, walk round it. Simple"

Woozle. You come here to start arguments because you enjoy them. You are so heartily disliked because this is not that sort of forum. To call you an arsehole may not be literally true, but as a metaphore based on your output it is accurate.

Go away.

No
    Come on, you agreed with Dray, people keep doing this over and over again, so this time show me that you too have a grasp of reality and are not as stupid as you seem and tell me what was insulting about my post.

Ultra King

Well, i'm not going to spend a saturday afternoon trading insults Woozle. I think you do do it deliberately.

So i'll leave it at that.

Good call, Mick.

Back to my sewing

Perfect. like cowardly bullying people the world over who are found to be evidently and demonstrably in the wrong, when they have nowhere else to turn, no other arguments to put forward except to apologise and admit that they were wrong, they resort to one of two tactics, either they start to use personal insult or, in this case, leave a phoney exasperated parting comment and run away thus avoiding any responsibility for their actions or words and of course avoiding answering any direct call to justify their accusations knowing full well that their comments were probably fruit of personal dislike regardless of content (with the addition in this case because I bothered to read the text and you didn't). Very mature. Nothing that I don't expect in general but in this particular thread I was I admit, unprepared.