Ok, in true Shaun fashion, I've gone and opened my mouth and agreed to something before reading fully into what I'm letting myself in for.

I have agreed to (though not yet signed up for) Oxfams Trailtrekker "a 100km trek for teams of four, over 30 hours (yes, that's day and night!) across the Yorkshire Dales. Up to 250 teams take part in the event each year, all raising money to help people in poverty. The route is challenging, and it requires great determination and teamwork. But in return, you'll get a fantastic sense of achievement and the money you raise will make a real difference".

As of now I have another willing victim offering his blood, sweat (and most probably tears) all in the name of charity and a day and half of masochistic fun.

Each team is challenged to raise 1500 (375 per team member), the majority of which goes directly to Oxfam to aid those in povety and the route is self-navigated through often rugged terrain though does, on the most part, follow recognised footpaths and byways. This years event (2011) takes place on 4-5 June and if places secured prior to 17/12/2010 the registration fee is half-price (100).

Anyone interested please message me through here or on 07968615569.