Thread: Election

Goon

I think that this election has been run by the press and television. It seems to me that all the media is after is an incident to gloat over, any gaff by any of our politicians will do but the moresenior they are the better it is and this raises a number of questions. (1)Regardless of who you support has this been fair reporting?.(2) Is it also right that the media have all ready decided that we are going to have a hung parliament, (3) what right have these people to decide this. (4)should all opinion poles be stopped on the run up to the election. (5)Has all this coverage had a negative effect and will deter people from voting. (6)above all should our politicians (or us) be reported when off camera. This too me seems an intrusion of privacy.

Personally I am worried that the election looks like it will be decided by a personality vote of the leaders as decided by the media and opinion polesrather than theparty's policies

Thank heavens OM has been a haven from the election campaigns and discussion of them so far. Let's keep it that way - its not as if those who want such discussions have nowhere else to go.

What election?

I'm inclined to agree, Cush. The media seem awfully full of their own importance when it comes to reporting the election, intent on telling us all what we think rather than merely reporting what's happening, and certainly looking to twist whatever they can into a 'newsworthy' incident.

I wish they'd spend more time actually pressing the politicians to answer questions in a meaningful way rather than with vacuous soundbites. It was refreshing yesterday to hear some members of the public demolishing the odious Mr Griffin - perhaps the so-called professional interviewers could take note....

It was a right laugh hearing Stephen Nolan talking to a BNP representative (can't remember his name) on Five Live last week, he was completely flummoxed by having simple, non-controversial questions about what BNP policies were "Errrr I don't know" and "I haven't been briefed on that" were recurring thmes in his answers, in the end Nolan asked him "what is the date of the election?" he answered "Er....may 5th"

I'm just waiting & hoping for Cameron & Clegg to be caught in a compromising position with a high court judge & a goat, just to wipe the smug look off their faces.

1, BBC non-biased reporting; do me a favour!

2, Thats what the BBC seem to hope will happen as Labour won't win outright!

3, Because it's run bythe Liberal artistic elite, who are very overpaid!

4, Absolutely.

5, No, I don't think so.

6, If you want to run my country then I want to know I can trust you and what your actually think. And if you are incapable of handling the pressure, I'd like to know that too.