Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aku v Hanwag Boots ?

Widdler

Thanks ACH and Rubble, I'm actually based in the central belt, so if you know of anywhere in Glasgow or Edin, give me a shout! I will be in Aviemore at some stage, i do get up there regularly, so if there's nowhere local to me then I will make time when I'm next in up in Av.

Cheers

I'm planning to walk from Land's End to John O'Groats in April/May and need to replace my Berghaus boots. A friend recommended Hanwag Yukon boots. Any ideas if these are best suited for a mega hike and if they are where I could buy a pair in the UK.

Widdler

Hi

Not been on in too long, apologies. Joe Dutton - are you still looking or have you sorted your footwear?

For ACH (Andi), can you tell me where in Southend/Chelmsford area I can try the Trapper GTX please?

Thanks,

Ade

Widdler

Hi Ade

Your best bet is Troopers in Colchester (01206 511268). They do not stock the Trapper GTX but can get your size sent to them (along with a 1/2 size either side) for you to go in and tryon. Contact them by phone first and let them have your size, they can then get the stock in and call you back. We are awaiting another delivery in from Germany so it may depend on your size as to immediate availability.

There's no obligation to buy as it is a service we try and offer to all Hanwag dealers.

Happy shopping.

Andi

Andi, many thanks for prompt answer! Will get onto them, cheers.

hi,
    anyone know of a place in manchester that sells hanwag so i can go and try some one?!
    thanks, tom wild

Not that I've seen, but there an awful lot of shops so I could be wrong

The most straightforward solution quite likely to link the trying on with a walk. Certainly Castleberg in Settle have some stock as do Mountain Factor in Ambleside and Keswick boot company/Temple sports in Keswick. (there could easily be more in the Lakes.....).

Hangwag's website lists Outside (Hathersage) too, but they don't seem to have any right now.

The one place I can think that might just stock it Manchester would be Alpenstock in Stockport. Its the sort of thing that they would stock, so maybe worth e-mailing them. Their website is not useful as an indicator of stock etc, but definetly helpful over e-mail.

(If they don't stock them directly they could be happy to order something in, with you standing postage if they don't fit.).

Widdler

Hi Andi, looking for a ladies boot, waxed nubuck( firmer leather I get problems with my feet) suitable for all year round backpacking. Ihad a pair of Hanwagsi brought in2003 not sure of the model. I think the nearest now may be the Lima ? can you advise please.I am based in Northamtonshire.The shop I got my first pair from In Wellinborough has closed down. Kind regards Lisa.