Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aku v Hanwag Boots ?

Widdler

I would like to buy either the AKU MICRO GTX or the HANWAG GTX/HANWAG YUKON boots, the problem is finding a shop that stocks these boots, could anyone help with the names of some retailers that do actually stock these boots, online retailers if possible, also if anyone has experience of any of these boots could they let me know about fit and comfort, in particular the width of the boots for my broad feet, thanks in advance for any advice or help.

John.

Outdoor Warehouse in Windermere stock a good range of Aku. Don't know if they have that particular one, but you could try giving them a ring.

John, Fishers stock the Micro,, your best bet fro stockests is to call Suzanne at Ardblair Sports importers 01250 873863 ext 222 on Tuesday, they will all still be recovering from new year on monday (office is in scotland!) I don't know who stocks them in the south or scotland but would have thought Lockwoods, Trekkitt, Barkers of ringwood, Breaking Away and Mountain Leisure Perth

for Hanwag you need to call Rosker on 023 9252 8711 for their stockests.

Widdler
    Thanks for the quick replies guys, you don't have the link for Fishers do you Rob by any chance ? I live in Middlesborough by the way so quite central.

‹bermensch
    I believe Google is a useful resource

Widdler
    LOL

Action Outdoors in Ipswich used to stock HanWag, I think they don't anymore as the last time I asked them in 2007 they were having a hard with the new importer.

Not a problem with the boots mind, just the new importer, might make it harder to source HanWags if stockists are having difficulty getting on with the importer.

Great boots though.

Widdler

Hi

As brand manager for Hanwag in the UK I am pleased to say that things are a lot smoother with Hanwag regarding stocks and supply and we are now in the process of growing the retail network across the country. In relation to the specific post, the Yukon is not a stock item for the UKbut theAlaska GTX is which is effectively the Goretex lined version of the Yukon. If you specifically wanted the Yukon it can be ordered in.

I take it from your interest in the Yukon/Alaska and Aku Micro that you are interested in a B1 boot for crampon/winter mountain use. If you contact our Head Office on 02392 528711 and ask for my mobile number we can discuss boots further and get you sorted.

Regards Andi

Widdler

Hi Andi,

I've actually bought a pair of Hanwag Alaska GTX's recently and couldn't be happier, just a shame they are not that easy to find in the UK, I've told everyone I know about them, fantastic boots

Regards John.

Widdler

Hi John

Good news, glad you are pleased with your purhcase. You will see Hanwag become a lot more prevalent over the coming years. We have the biggest ad spend in Hanwag's UK history booked this year already.

Happy trekking.

ACH : And is the number of stockists to increase too? I have used Hanwag boots and had been pondering about the ?Peru? boot (short, brownish, not afflicted with a nasty Goretex liner as are so many boots nowadays) but thought it very unlikely to find somewhere to try it on. Will they become a bit more accessible?

Widdler

Hi Ben

The number of stockists will increaseall being wellbut it will be slowly during this season. With regard to the Peru the bad news is the model is being dropped, the good news is there is still limited stock in the UK and there are other non-Gore models available should your size not be available. Where are you based and what size are you?

About a 12 or 12.5. Down south or often in the Lakes too.

Widdler

We have a size 12 in the UK and I can arrange for it to be at a retailer in Ringwood, Tavistockor Brighton depending on where is closer. If you contact my Head Office in the morning on 02392 528711 they can give you my mobile and we can discuss further.

All the best - Andi

Andi - I have checked and for Hanwag I am a 12.5 / Eu 48 on the ones I have now. Ringwood is quite accessible for me at present so perhaps if you let me know the stockists details I can have a browse some time.

Widdler

Andi, are their any retailers in Scotland selling Hanwag boots? I want leather without goretex lining, so was thinking maybe the peru (lady's), or the special forces LX also look good (although I'm wondering if they may be a bit tooheavy duty for summer use, I'd like to try some anyway)Any suggestions of where to look for them?

thanks

Andi

The shop in Ringwood is Barkers and they're at 82 Christchurch Road. Top shop: I can't see me ever buying boots elsewhere.

Widdler

Wow, opened up a mine of Hanwag potential customers - all good. Will try to answer all questions in one hit:

Ben was - contact Steve/Lisa @ Barkers of Ringwood (01425 489899) and discuss. They will then contact me and we can get sizes sorted etc. There are no 12.5 Peru's but I would also look at the Forest non-Gore which I can get in your size (very similar boot)

monkey girl - Mountain Spirit in Aviemore are an existing stockist - if that is too far let me know your main city/town and I will come back to you. Scotland is currently under-developed for Hanwag as we have not had a rep in the area for a while. New one starts in April so watch this space. Depending on end use I would suggest the Peru (although being discontinued so size will be key) or the non-Gore Tatra (fantastic in Aubergine for the female boot - would need to order in)

Dennis - glad to here you like Barkers - top Hanwag retailer and increasing his ranging

Good luck all, let me know if you need more info.

Monkey Girl - Basecamp, 19 West Port Arbroath, Angus DD11 1RF, Tel: 01241 871 797 - if that's nearer to you than Aviemore!

Mini Goon
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis the Menace View Post

Andi

The shop in Ringwood is Barkers and they're at 82 Christchurch Road. Top shop: I can't see me ever buying boots elsewhere.

I couldn't agree more