Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watches

Mini Goon
    don't know how good they are but and i'm sorry to mention the T-word, but it has to be done , trail have got a £50 off offer on the casio prg50, i think that its the solar powered version of the prg40. might be worth a look.
    steve

www.trackandtrail.co.uk ? Thanks for the advice Steve

Their website isn't very informative, as far as i can see there's no online catalogue or something

Lol i probably have the wrong site

‹bermensch
    Kara if you look like Lara (Croft) you could look at the Tissot One Touch watch. At around £350 its a lot of dosh but its relatively small, can be worn all day, doesn't need wrists like Arnies and is piss easy to use. You may be able to haggle for a discount. I have seen another make in one of the outdoor gear shops but can't recall the name for the moment. I do remember they are quite compact and around £130.

Thanks for the help Jeffrey.

Anyone got any experience of the Suunto X-Lander? Sorry to keep dragging on

Mini Goon
    sorry kara, i wan't being too lucid there, i was talking about Trail, the outdoors mag. there is a number to ring in there, its some sort of "deal" that they have sorted out. hope that helps. i'll have a look in my last copy of the mag and see i fi can find the number and post it tommorow.
    steve

Widdler
    I myself did have a look at the casio over the weekend, and it did feel a little uncomfortable size wise, whether that would be anything you could get used to i dont know... No experiance of the acuracy. Havent gotten around to having a look at the Suunto watches yet, but given the advice think i will pay a visit before i buy the casio..

Ah thanks Steve

Yeah my thoughts exactly Paul

Goon
    Kara, I used to have a casio PRG 40 which was ok but as soon as I had to pay £55 to get the batteries replaced (it takes 3), I went off it and sold it on e-bay. I now own a Suunto Advizor, which is the Vector with a built in Polar HRM and think it is the beez kneez! It is great for the hill with a large display that even the most optically challenged person can read clearly. My only complaint is that the markings on the bezel are wearing off after 3 months wear but Suunto are sending me a replacement bezel so top marks there. All Suunto's come with a 2 year guarantee as standard and the Vector comes in 3 colours, Yellow, Black and Red.

and green!

Full marks from me for the Vector. have a look in the reviews section (under both, altimeters and watches).

I can echo the sentiments of the Suunto users here. I've had an X-Lander for a couple of years now and wouldn't swap it for the world.
    Yes it is larger than your average wristwatch but it is light as a feather and has taken a lot of knocks, I'm not particularly reknown for gentle use of watches!
    I had cause to telephone Suunto at one time and the customer service was superb, not to mention the impecible english spoken by the engineer that I was put directly through to. (There wasn't any fault with the watch, it was me being a twonk, RTFM springs to mind :-) and me being a techie too, tut tut).
    Can't say enough good about 'em.
    And the X-Lander also looks good no matter what you are wearing. I wear mine constantly and since buying it the other dozen or so watches that I own have been left unworn - a rare feat for me!
    They do attract attention though, and people do notice them, so if that bothers you then maybe look at one of the smaller models. I didn't do down the heart rate monitor route as I don't need telling when I'm breathing out of my a*** - I can usually tell! lol
    Anyway, buy one, there's lots to play with and they are reliable too.

Thanks very much Craig and Paul you've given me good advice

*goes to buy the X-Lander*

Hey, fellas! I want you to vote for my guide here https://domyhomework.guru/blog/movie-review. Thanks a lot!