Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mountainblack website

Widdler

Anyone had experience of ordering gear from website: Mountainblack ?

They have a London office but are French based ... I think.

Any review/ feedback would be useful.

RG

Widdler

One month ago, I ordered on Mountainblack.com a arcteryx jacket. I received my parcel after 5 days directly of England.

Widdler

That's what i needed to hear!

Just needed some feedback for a supplier I had never come across before.

I assume you were happy with the service you received?

The emails i have had from them have been helpful.

Ralph

First time poster there, with not such good English! French perhaps, working for the company in question??? Who knows!!!!Wait a bit till you get some better feedback Ralph perhaps, in my opinion. I never before heard of that outfit? Anyone know them please?

Widdler

Thanks Trevor.

Feedback seems very thin on the ground.

And I've posted on UKClimbing as well!

Frustrating as they have what I'm after!

What would that be ralph? you never know someone around these parts might know of another source if you're lucky

Widdler

I'm after Scarpa Triolet Size 46 which is a leather version of Charmoz.

Had to sell my last pair as they were a wee bit tight so need to go up a size.

Problem is they don't seem to be available in UK.

Mountainblack.com are a disgrace! Under no circumstances place an order with them. There is a lack of clarity, transparency and an abundance of constantly changing parameters. 4 weeks and counting for a pair of gloves despite a 2-10 day turnaround with no contact. All their phone lines are dead and once you ask specific questions about delay on their web chat facility the customer operator ' Rusty", should you be lucky enough to get hold of him, simply terminates the conversation. I've lost £160.00 so be warned.

Ultra King
    £160 for a pair of gloves

Hi, I am currently having massive difficulties with mountainblack..... poor email correspondance, no mean of calling as phones go through to fax machines and general confusion. I am extremely frustrated with them. if anyone else has had similiar issues can they please contact me by email to discuss?

pt_gallimore@yahoo.com

Hi, I am currently having massive difficulties with mountainblack..... poor email correspondance, no mean of calling as phones go through to fax machines and general confusion. I am extremely frustrated with them. if anyone else has had similiar issues can they please contact me by email?
    pt_gallimore@yahoo.com

Yes - awful company!! Worst customer service I have ever had. I have lost £250 on a jacket that I order from them for Christmas. They sent the wrong jacket and I returned it and have never heard from them again!!!!

Widdler
    This company is by far the worst company that I have ever made buisness with. I ordered la sportiva nepal evo gtx from Iceland the 20th of january and I still have not recived them. I have tried to call them for two weeks now and they donĀ“t anwser the phone and every time I send them an e-mail they reply late and donĀ“t really anwser my questions. I have always ordered stuff from backcountry.com and telemark-pyrenees.com were you get an excellent service and I from now on I will continue to shop from those websites.

They have also cheated me. I ordered a pair of mountain shoes and a pair of MEN's gaiters. They sent me a pair of WOMEN's gaiters. No shoes in the box. They blame the carrier company, and also blame me for not opening the box in front of the delivery man. Communication with them is scarce and difficult, as they seem to be copy-pasting instead of writing... I have lost 176 ?, won't happen again.

Richard Williams 6
    I don't know about Mountain Black but Precision Outdoors new website looks amazing! such a good range of outdoor clothing and footwear and the website looks really good.

Me too!
    Paid for a neck roll, wrong thing completely arrived.
    They were impossible to get a reply from apart from stock answers that did not address the issue.
    really angry at there responses.
    Dont use em!

Yeah... they cheat my too..

My order never delivered. I have lost 199 ā?¬

Is it just me, or are there a multitude of first-time posters on this thread with an axe to grind? Just wondered.

Mini Goon
    yeah i did wonder the same but there is usually quite a gap in the dates of the posts and the language between posts differs quite a lot.

I would presume people have found this thread by googling the company on ebay, replying in this thread and never coming back/using the forum again.

Mini Goon
    although just to add i would not touch them with a barge pole

http://www.ripoffreport.com/sporting...ntai-f4ff8.htm