Thread: Hi from Chris in Devon - Biking/Hiking/Fighting!

Widdler

Hi everyone! I'm a bit of a fitness freak and I love mountain biking,hikingand running. I'm hoping to meet similar people in the SW togo out for biking trips with on Dartmoor/Exmoor etc, anddo running training with (I can do 6-minute mile pace).Also I've always been into wrestling/martial arts - not necessarily an outdoors pursuitbut I know quitea few other outdoors types are into it.

Also generally like meeting new people and trying new things - for example, I would be very interested to find out more about kayaking/canoeing.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not in the SW but there are plenty who are who will, I'm sure, be in touch.

Widdler
    Thanks - great to have found this site.

Maybe the fighting bit has put others off so far

Welcome on board Chris, they're a friendly if disturbed bunch here

I'm in Gloucestershire so a bit closer with just Dorset between us, I would like to claim to be a fitness nut, I really would. But apparently it means i have to get out of bed...

Ultra King

Hi Chris,

DW's the Man. He lives down your way and after 15 pints of lager he loves to wrestle naked in cold custard....or so i've heard

Widdler

Thanks for the messages LOL! Yeah it's funny the reaction the fightingcan getbut makes life more interesting. It's just something I've done at martial arts clubs and with a couple friends etc. NOT generally while out for a hike LOLOL.

ANyway, as i haven't done much biking in Devon yet, i was wondering if anyone knows about routes on Dartmoor and Exmoor? I heard that cycling is quite restricted on Dartmoor, does this leave many good routes? By the way I'm not an advanced rider by any means, though if i really get into it i might get a new bike with suspension later in the year.

Also if anyone's into fell running give me a shout - Isometimesget crazy like thatwhen I've been stuck at a desk too long

hi chris

i am also into my sw and boxing and judo and a little mma getting to old now,

Hi Chris, welcome indeed to the great OM! Lots of OM'ers down your way, just throw out a separate area activity request ok in the forum main for walks contacts in walks and meets; as otherwise sadly stuff in the welcome posts tends to get lost in the mass of new regular latest threads, and not responded to much! Sorry just the way it is.