Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PARAMO is RUBBISH

Quote Originally Posted by Parky Again View Post

pay attention ttg. the paramo is great thread was a piss take out of another thread. probably by the same person.
    Indeed it was a piss take - but no I wasnt the Troll that started the other thread Parky

Ultra King

If I write, "Event is the best thing since sliced bread.", do I really need to declare it an opinion when that is clearly what it is?

IMHO or IMO is completely superfluous, in my opinion.

no harm in trying fb, it was the cut and paste that made me think it wasn't you

if you wrote that mal i would offer to lend you some of my medication.

(can't get the film "v for vendetta" out of my head. looks for aforementioned medication)

what on earth am i on about...

Ultra King
    Tis the medication wot made me do it.

hello

Hmm

In my opinion

in my opinion

in my opinion ( hope you are happy who ever you are ) may be its just a reflection of myself in some paramo gear!

Considering Paramo advertise on this website, we who object will be silenced by the people silently making money from them.

but hey who cares..... cos i dont.........really give a monkeys ......... hope paramo are really sucessful and make lots of money and so do the moderators and owners of this website! Peace and chill out to you all Yeah........... now i feel good ..............

and no i aint been smoking any stuff in case your wondering!

Initiate Professor Pat. Pending's Avatar

This debate has been going as long as this website has existed.

I bought some Paramo trouser bibs in 1995 (they were much cheaper than Goretex) , took them to the Alps (on my first alps trip) and mostly found them way too hot except at high altitude (i mean 4000m+ at 5am). Same in the Uk, only useful in the middle of winter, but too hot at any other times. I've never been, er.....compelled to buy any other Paramo kit since. Also, only available in naff colours doesn't do them any favours.

The "it took me 15 years to find out" is interesting. Was it a road to Damascus moment with 15 years of satisfactory use prior to this? 15 years is a lot hillwalking with out realising your kit is not up to it !

Well, a troll on here may think Paramo is rubbish, but I don't know whether anyone watched - Top Dogs: Adventures in War, Sea and Ice - on the Beeb last week - it was Ranulph Fiennes' turn to show John Simpson and Robin Knox-Johnston about the environment he feels most comfortable - the frozen sea ice of the Canadian Arctic, (-30 to -60C quoted) where he had them hauling sleds and sleeping in a ridiculiously flappy tent for a few days. At night and in very rough weather, they wore PHD down jackets, (no surprise there), but during the day when using waist harnesses to haul the sleds, constantly falling over bloody great blocks of ice etc, all three of them wore - Paramo!

Well, I was impressed, if not amazed. My Alta II's nicely cozy out on the hills, but even I didn't think it could be trusted for serious Arctic Survival outings.

PS no Event or Goretex in site - arf - although one couldn't see their trews.

Also amused to see Robin Knox Johnson losing it big time after dropping his down mitt - naughty Ranulph obviously hadn't told him he could clip his mitts to his Jacket. And despite John Simpson getting sent home on the first night for getting some early doors frostbitten finger tips, neither he nor the other two had liner gloves on under their mitts on the clip I saw - no bloody wonder Simpson got frostbite.

So, there we are - Paramo, loved by Polar Bears, hated by Trolls.

Initiate
    ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post

Well, a troll on here may think Paramo is rubbish, but I don't know whether anyone watched - Top Dogs: Adventures in War, Sea and Ice - on the Beeb last week - it was Ranulph Fiennes' turn to show John Simpson and Robin Knox-Johnston about the environment he feels most comfortable - the frozen sea ice of the Canadian Arctic, (-30 to -60C quoted) where he had them hauling sleds and sleeping in a ridiculiously flappy tent for a few days. At night and in very rough weather, they wore PHD down jackets, (no surprise there), but during the day when using waist harnesses to haul the sleds, constantly falling over bloody great blocks of ice etc, all three of them wore - Paramo!

Well, I was impressed, if not amazed. My Alta II's nicely cozy out on the hills, but even I didn't think it could be trusted for serious Arctic Survival outings.

PS no Event or Goretex in site - arf - although one couldn't see their trews.

Also amused to see Robin Knox Johnson losing it big time after dropping his down mitt - naughty Ranulph obviously hadn't told him he could clip his mitts to his Jacket. And despite John Simpson getting sent home on the first night for getting some early doors frostbitten finger tips, neither he nor the other two had liner gloves on under their mitts on the clip I saw - no bloody wonder Simpson got frostbite.

So, there we are - Paramo, loved by Polar Bears, hated by Trolls.
    There we go,perfect for Artic conditions not for The Great British Weather .

imo,imo,imo,imo,imo,imo,imo

Ultra King

Also I'm not a troll as it was also tongue in cheek thread to counter a thread that I had not realised was a tongue in cheek counter to another thread that could have been by a troll.

Is that clear?

BTW 15 years bit was supposed to giove it away that I was not serious. Although if pple had gone on to argue the opposite to the Paramo is great thread then I would not have been too pleased.

No fabric works universally.

IMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMHOIMOIMOIMHOIMOIMOIMHOIM OIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMHOIMOIMOIMHOIMOIMOIM HOIMOIMO

IMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMHOIMOIMOIMHOIMOIMOIMHOIM OIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMHOIMOIMOIMHOIMOIMOIM HOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMOIMHOIMOIMOIMHOIMOI MOIMHOIMOIMO

Ultra King
    Fooking resurrectionists!

Ultra King

Yeah, but we have to keep checking that Diddy still hasn't seen the light

It is, isn't it ?

Initiate

Tall PC

You have stepped over the line with your last comment

Last comment!! That was almost 4 years ago. Twigs has been drinking sherry again and bored.