Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PARAMO is RUBBISH

Ultra King

Wow i thought that would have provoked a big response! Never liked the stuff, shit colours! did it for me. Although i do have the windshirt as i like the cotton feel of the fabric rather than the montane type stuff. Crap cuffs though & fit is awful.

Fit is crap, but then so is Rab (unless Rab fits you). Otherwise, given the right conditions - cold & wet - there is nothing better.

Initiate

Of course Paramo isn't rubbish, it just doesn't suit everyone.

If people want to express their disappointment that a particular system doesn't work for them can they at least add the words 'in my opinion' for the sake of accuracy.

And in the interest of balance, in my opinion, the new women's Velez Adventure Light is absolutely fantastic - superb fit (for me) and functions really well in the conditions I've worn it so far.

I think its rubbish too

I'd have thought you'd at least like the colours, ed.

Ultra King
    Good towels

I prefer budgie green...

Anyone want to buy a brand new Cuzco ?

Where's the big raspberry blowing emoticon?

Actually I can't comment really. No experience of it other than Mrs Sean's £200 Cioch trews leaked like a sieve in prolonged heavy rain and weighed about 6 kg. She's since gone through the whole two day washing machine process of cleaning and reproofing, but hasn't worn them since.

I do like the look of the new VAL though. I might try one next winter seeing as I'm getting to that sort of age

sweat away chaps. sweat away. perhaps you could buy a towel to mop it up.

colours crap. fit not very good. the only thing out there that actually does what it says on the tin. let me think. oh yes, function. emphatically.

but that's only my opinion.

and i'm a old grumpy git.

that's not my opinion. more of a fact.

I do have a certain respect for your opinion Parky.....

...after all you have bought every other jacket

Ultra King
    Quote Originally Posted by MoS View Post

If people want to express their disappointment that a particular system doesn't work for them can they at least add the words 'in my opinion' for the sake of accuracy.

And in the interest of balance, in my opinion, the new women's Velez Adventure Light is absolutely fantastic - superb fit (for me) and functions really well in the conditions I've worn it so far.
    Just like theperson who posted the Paramo is great thread MoS. Have you asked them to add the IMO bit? No? Well then I think that answers a lot, you can't post negative comments about Paramo only positive ones as they must be the only true and accurate viewpoint. If you really HAVE to post negatives about Paramo then you must make sure people know that it is just your twisted and unreasonable viewpoint and that it should be ignored as the rantings of such an obvious crank.

Is that what you are thinking MoS?

BTW The subtitle should have let you into my thinking. I actually like the concept behind Paramo just believe after 15 years that it has been superceded by better products. Take Event and the newer Goretex fabrics as a major improvement over the Goretex and Sympatex of 15 years ago. Also take the better designs of Finisterre, Cioch and Furtech. Times have moved on and so have I.

I posted this thread so there is a direct counter to the earlier thread to see what the responce would be. I like to test the Paramaniacs every now and again to see if they still respond so very defensively about their beloved Paramo. So there! I'm just trying to create a balance of the chi on this forum by countering the positive with the negative. The Yin and the Yang. The Paramaniacs and the Goretexonians (and Eventions). Balance in everything.

To be fair, TTG, the author of the pro paramo thread is an objectionable stirring tosser

pay attention ttg. the paramo is great thread was a piss take out of another thread. probably by the same person.

no comparison ttg. event just made "goretex" more breathable. it's still a plastic bag that's easily overwhelmed with condensation; it just takes longer to get there than "goretex" (say 20mins instead of 5mins). my latex romper suit cures it though.

(wanders off in search of medication)

Quote Originally Posted by Time to go View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MoS View Post

Just like theperson who posted the Paramo is great thread MoS. Have you asked them to add the IMO bit? No? Well then I think that answers a lot, you can't post negative comments about Paramo only positive ones as they must be the only true and accurate viewpoint. If you really HAVE to post negatives about Paramo then you must make sure people know that it is just your twisted and unreasonable viewpoint and that it should be ignored as the rantings of such an obvious crank.

Is that what you are thinking MoS?

BTW The subtitle should have let you into my thinking. I actually like the concept behind Paramo just believe after 15 years that it has been superceded by better products. Take Event and the newer Goretex fabrics as a major improvement over the Goretex and Sympatex of 15 years ago. Also take the better designs of Finisterre, Cioch and Furtech. Times have moved on and so have I.

I posted this thread so there is a direct counter to the earlier thread to see what the responce would be. I like to test the Paramaniacs every now and again to see if they still respond so very defensively about their beloved Paramo. So there! I'm just trying to create a balance of the chi on this forum by countering the positive with the negative. The Yin and the Yang. The Paramaniacs and the Goretexonians (and Eventions). Balance in everything.
    ttg

Don't overreact so, please.

By all means post negative comments about Paramo or any other product if that's been your experience.

MoS' s comment was

"If people want to express their disappointment that a particular system doesn't work for them can they at least add the words 'in my opinion' for the sake of accuracy."

That applies to anything, not just Paramo.

The point is that all any of us can really do is post comments about what has or hasn't worked for us i.e. based on our own experience. Representing our views as anything but that with blanket statements of "it's the best" or "it's rubbish" is frankly ridiculous, misleading and unhelpful. That's the point and it's something that it wouldn't hurt if a few more people kept in mind with their posts.

Parky has already explained the genesis of the "Paramo is Great" thread as a tongue in cheek response to another thread last night. Again a brand new poster pitched up to rant to us about what a terrible experience he'd had and how nobody should buy Paramo..... he was about as convincing as bikepacker rubbishing Terra Nova over his poor choice of hat!

I like Paramo, when it's cold, or cold and wet. I've got a velez smock for winter, and also that Fuera windproof (and fairly showerproof, as I found out the other day), which can be worn for more of the year. I usually just wear that over a t shirt. I think it's pretty versatile.

But that's just my opinion!

I like a sense of humour

Well I am only 40 so too young to wear Paramo,sensible shoes, driving gloves,cardigansor anythingbeige.

I will let you know what I think in 30 years or so.

TTG seems a bit grumpy...