Thread: Spring Clean Out of Kit

‹bermensch Bob C - backpackinglightdotcodotuk's Avatar

It's no good. I've got far too much kit and not enough space to keep it all.

So as yet more new stuff starts to arrive, it's about time I passed on the balance to a good home or 20.

I'm clearing out some Golite tents, rucksacks, jackets (XL), footware (Size 45 and 46) and a wood burning stove if anyone wants to make a bid.

It all can be found over on FleaBay here;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&i tem=220386511334

HI bob,can you PM me some prices you have in mind for the golite stuff including the shelter, might save you some ebay fees!!!

Hey Bob,

Can you confirm the UK size of the Borneo Pro's ?

Thanks, Rod

Initiate
    All Bob's gear for sale on ebay here

‹bermensch Bob C - backpackinglightdotcodotuk's Avatar

Hi Rod, now not wanting to sound a bit dumb, but I honestly can't remember!

I'm a 45 or 10.5 and they were right for me. What I can't remember or see on the boot, is a size. So if they come in half sizes, then 10.5, but if not, then I think they must be an 11. I do remember wearing Smartwool socks with them....

What I'm saying to everyone is that the whole sale is fleabay as I just don't have time to get into Q and A about all the stuff, I'm sorry. Most of the gear I've persoanlly bought myself at one stage or another, so it is all a private sale.

It took me all Saturday to get the info together and take the pictures, and to check all the stuff through as it came out of the boxes. Hope I've got enough on there for folks.

Thanks ...

Mini Goon
    hi can I have a price on golite pursuit rucksack womens fit (red) just seen it on your ebay. Thanks

HI, just had an e-mail from Bob, he wants to let the auction run, he said he wants to get ridof the items with the minimum of fuss. odd as i would have thought that giving us prices on here would be easier and we ring and pay by card!?!? He would also save ebay fees?

I am going to bid on the Shangri La 1, but i am not desperate so if anyone wants it more i will stop bidding, as its silly to push the prices up. Let me know if you want it

Ultra King

I never get round to clear outs because anything I buy gets used until it is beyond a saleable condition. A wicking base layer still wicks with holes in a lot of its seams. A waterproof still works with worn shoulder areas where the rucksack straps go. Fleeces bobble, sock get religion and I still wear them. The last thing I retired was my 15 year old tent with a degree of sadness because it started to leak as much as a string vest. You get an idea that something is not right when the water collects as the end of the tent up to the point of the mesh wall (when sleeping on a slope). Never like having a puddle to splash in while sleeping. It makes me want the toilet. Still took me several trips before I admitted defeat and bought a single skin tent as a replacement (it is drier).

I guess Bob is more of a consumer than I am.