Thread: Six Moon Designs Gatewood Cape

I've got a Gatewood Cape that I bought on a whim during the Christmas sales, and it's been sitting in the cupboard ever since.

It's been seam-sealed by the manufacturer as I lack the patience.

It's been put up once in the garden for about an hour, so it's pretty immaculate.

Anyone interested? You can get it for $155 (inc. seam sealing) plus delivery and VAT.

Make me an offer.

Gatewood Cape

A review

It is certainly an interesting bit of kit, that's for sure, very lightweight option too I know. With the dollar exchange rate as it is right now that is about ninety-quid all in or so is it, just out of interest there Phil?

Initiate

The Gatewood would be a great light-weight option and can be completey enclosed which offers advantages over a tarp, in my opinion, for uk conditions. Can also be left completely open on one side in better weather to really get the 'outdoors' experience. Lots of flexibility to combine with serenity net tent for buggy conditions or just a ground sheet or a light-weight bivi too.

The option to use it as your rain wear looks a little more speculative but for summer, when you're really not expecting rain it could be a last ditch, just in case, option.

Thanks Jim, cheers. Good info.

i've got one!- that's it in my profile picture in the lakes this january and it's a great little tent. make sure you're under six foot tho' i would say but like LJ says it's the british poncho tarp option. you can put it up while wearing it!

Using xe.com it works out at around 106, though I'm open to offers. Bear in mind I'm not THAT desperate to get rid, I just hate to see kit not getting used regularly!