Thread: 66North jackets for sale

Widdler

I bought a black Tindur (http://www.66north.com/shop/pc-250-4...ur-jacket.aspx) fleece direct from the 66North store in Iceland (and it's got all the original tags and is still in the carrier bag, in fact), however, it's a size too small for me. Although sized medium it's equivalent to a UK small. I paid â?¬172, which equates to £155. I'm asking £115 including insured P&P within the UK. (I'm happy to ship itoutside the UK, so pleaseenquire about the P&P.) The price of the fleece is relatively high, but the quality of 66North is superb. (Easily as good as Arc'teryx and Patagonia, IMHO.)

66North productsare not readily available in the UK and as such are quite recherché.

Fabric: Polartec® Wind Pro®. Fit: Relaxed.Features:[*]This windproof, relaxed jacket keeps you warm.[*]Dual slider front zipper with inner storm flap.[*]Venting through pockets, extra ventilation without added weight.[*]Articulated elbows for better movement and fit.[*]Reach high sleeves. Seamless shoulder.[*]Elastic bottom draw cord at hem.[*]Thumb holes on cuff.[*]Elastic draw cord at neck.[/list]Recommended for:[*]Ideal as a cold weather casual wear.[/list]I am also selling a 100% waterproof "Blafell" (http://www.66north.com/shop/pc-782-4...ll-jacket.aspx) 66North jacket. Like the above fleece it was bought direct from the 66North store in Iceland and has all the original tags. I have plenty of other waterproof jackets, including other 66North jackets,and this is surplus to requirements, at the moment.This jacket, unlike most other 66North jackets, is true to size and is equivalent to a UK Medium. It's the same colour as this http://www.66north.com/shop/images/P...K11145-550.jpgjacket. I paid â?¬310, which equates to £275. I'm asking £210 including insured P&P within the UK. (Again, I'm happy to ship itoutside the UK, so pleaseenquire about the P&P.)

Fabric: eVENT®. Fit: Athletic.Features:[*]This unique matte finished 2 layer eVENT® waterproof breathable jacket performs on slopes or rocks and has a minimalist, tailored style for everywhere else.[*]Removable, adjustable hood with finished zipper flap.[*]Seamless shoulders, high arm holes.[*]Fleece lined collar and pockets, water-resistant zippers.[*]Articulated elbows for better movement and fit.[*]Jacket cut longer in back to keep out drafts.[*]Adjustable elongated cuffs, Reach high sleeves.[/list]Reccommended for:[*]Subtle design features make this jacket as comfortable going to the movies or skiing in the alps.[/list]

No point mate , they are selling loads of 66north gear at TKMaxx ,including the models you have outlined ,and they are selling the gear at less than half the price you are asking .Idid think about buying some and trying to sell it at a profit , but even then i would only want to make a tenner or so on each item . Try raffling them .

Widdler
    Really? TKMaxx?

Goon

Hi Aiden,

I was rumaging about in TXMaxx this weekend for a ski helmet and any Patagucci bargains whilst escapin the in-laws in Milton Keynes and saw plenty 66North kit on the racks. I had a look as I'd not seen it before. It looks ok but I didn't think the quality on a par with Pata or Arc'Teryx.

Ive seen 66North kit in TKmaxx Birmingham, Newmarket and Leeds. Im guessing they were a casualty of the financial crisis.

Loads of66North in every TK Maxx I've been in recently. My wife bought a softshell jacket. It looks okay, but not quite up there with the best in terms of style and cut.

I hope AidenSmith is genuine and not trying to make money from TK Maxx stuff, which also has all tags and (my wife's at least) prices in euros. After all, why would anyone buy full price over the web from a little known brand based in Iceland? A grand total of two posts on this forum also doesn't make it look too genuine.

Widdler

I have to say that I am quite offended by this. I don't think I've ever been accused of being a con-artist and a liar within my first handful of posts on any other forum I've ventured onto, whether those initial posts pertained to my selling something or not.

"After all, why would anyone buy full price over the web from a little known brand based in Iceland?"

Why wouldn't I? I've had various 66North items for some time.(And I rate them highly.) Many of which are still going strong. It's a little-known brand, not available in the UK (or so I thought), so why wouldn't I purchase products direct from it?

I posted these items for sale here because this seems, as far as I can tell, to be the best UK equivalent to the US-based geartrade.com. Also, I thought that people here would be more au fait with the brand.

Below is a picture of the 66North carrier bag I referenced in my original post.

Aiden,

You have my sincere apologies; I stand corrected for wondering whether you were genuine (note that I stopped short of an accusation).

You'd be surprised how often people have tried things like this before on this forum. It happens with people recommending certain shops etc and it soon coming to light that they work there. People have also tried flogging TK Maxx stuff many times before. Nearly always is it someone with less than 10 forum posts, so please excuse the doubts. Bearing that in mind, and realsing that TK Maxx have been flooded with 66North gear recently - the first time many had seen it in the UK, it is no surprise I was doubtful.

And before Trevor gets in (you'll see!), welcome to the forum!

Mini Goon

i don't mean to be anal but you've listed a jacket as being 100% waterproof, yet it has four big holes in it, it's one of my pet hates, sorry

I'vehaven't heard off the brand before, but i'm looking forward to tkmaxx taking over the empty shell of woolworths in my home town. I might actually go shopping with my missus!

Widdler

That's alright, Paul. Apology accepted. To be honest, I was quite pleased when I heard that TKMaxx were selling 66North stuff cheap because I'd really like a softshell. Alas, none of the shops around my neck of the woods, the North of Scotland, has anything in stock.

Super Moderator captain paranoia's Avatar

66N stuff first spotted in TK Maxx at the beginning of January. The the long-running TK Maxx Watch thread...

66N stuff I've seen in TKM looks nice, but it's not up there with Patagonia or Arc'teryx, IMHO. Well made, using good materials, but lacking on the design front.