Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iceland

Ultra King Ddyrchafedig Gyrrwr (Beic Modur)'s Avatar

Hayley,

Don't take it to heart, you have been around long enough on this board to know that:-

a/ It doesn't take long to drift WAY of topic.

b/ That some have weird SOHs (including me , although I did resist the temptation this time)

c/ That one person's passion is another's "butt" of that SOH.

I am sure the Icelanders are indeed sufferingand I am equally sure that some Icelandic website forums are full of (defensive) humour lambasting the "brits," of which some might take offense. We, the"ordinary" Brits are not directly responsible for their plight though are we, so should we feel guilt at it?

Humour is sometimes a defence mechanism to suchtimes and where it might not seem appropriate in given circumstances to some, we have to accept that others will not see things in the same light as ourselves. Some of us deal daily with people's REAL trauma, and this release mechanism is just a "safety valve."

I have to say that Glyn's initialreply was flippant and perhaps ill timed, but Jake's tone in reply was not necessary and didn't really help, some things are best ignored otherwise threads turns nasty, and credit to Glyn for not really prolonging that aspect!

Congratulations too, this post has brought another Troll out of the woodwork, not everyone inspires such "passion!"

‹bermensch

"I have to say that Glyn's initialreply was flippant and perhaps ill timed, but Jake's tone in reply was not necessary and didn't really help, some things are best ignored otherwise threads turns nasty, and credit to Glyn for not really prolonging that aspect!"

I agree entirely.