Thread: wild camp suggestions needed - peak district

anyone know of any good places/location for a wild camp in the peak district. Looking to wild camp inbetween a two day walking route (circular or figure '8' as going by car). Taking my dog also. Anyone able help with suggestions? Last thing I want to do is pitch up and find an angry farmer chasing me and my dog away lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Miller 3 View Post
    Last thing I want to do is pitch up and find an angry farmer chasing me and my dog away lol.
    Its more likely to be a furious gamekeeper

Seems i can't pm you mate so cant help, not gonna post my favourite places on the forum.

Ps dont worry about the 'authorities' i never have and before anyone 'tells me off' for this stance, i don't really care, nothing will stop me doing it and i don't need any 'advice'.

Quote Originally Posted by twiglegs View Post

Seems i can't pm you mate so cant help, not gonna post my favourite places on the forum.

Ps dont worry about the 'authorities' i never have and before anyone 'tells me off' for this stance, i don't really care, nothing will stop me doing it and i don't need any 'advice'.

trying emailing me at [deleted at poster's request

please reply once you got the email so i can delete it.

cheers in advance for your help. GREATLY appreciated!!!!

No worries mate, you cant beat wildcamping.

Still struggling to find some help with wild camp suggestions..... please help.

Sorry couldn't help you with that area much mate, i would say do as i do and start looking for somewhere about an hour-ish before sunset, your sure to find somewhere just about wherever you are in the peak especially if your around NT land, iv'e never had a problem.

Some great spots to pitch on derwent edge. Around the Horse Stone and Rocking Stones edge. Quite exposed, but great views. Also the Mermaids Pool on Kinder is quite nice...

Quote Originally Posted by benman View Post
    Some great spots to pitch on derwent edge. Around the Horse Stone and Rocking Stones edge. Quite exposed, but great views. Also the Mermaids Pool on Kinder is quite nice...
    Cheers Benman, I'll have a look. Hoping for somewhere that isn't too exposed though as weather is picking up a little of late. I'll look into Mermaids Pool for sure and your other recommendations. Most appreciated

Widdler
    Did you find anywhere good? If so, could you message me suggestions?

Widdler
    Please would you share a couple of places with us? let down on a holiday. No money. Love wild camping. Need somewhere from tomorrow to Friday.

Wild camping means finding spots as you move through the landscape, its always a joy to find a nice one, but shouldn't be 'pins on a map' to share with others. Its quite easy to find decent sites, just start walking and see.