Thread: A Lot Less Bovver Than A Sheep

Would you be prepared to give up a few weekends a year to mow the fells if the worst comes to pass? What will sheepdogs do if mowers replace ovines?

Widdler
    I think this suggestion should have come out on 1 April! The prospect of electrical sockets plastered all over the fells fills me with horror--let alone the prospect of people mowing away.

Is this really a serious suggestion or a wind-up?

I'm afraid we seem to have been the victims of a cruel hoax by the so-called 'Friends of the Fells'. We checked and the organisation doesn't appear to exist. We've also looked closely at the picture they supplied and we're not too sure that it's genuine. We apologise to anyone who's rushed out and bought a lawn mower as a result of the story.

Jon - editor outdoorsmagic.com

Widdler
    Do you think homebase will give me a refund?

Thank god for that, I was actually laughing out loud at the thought of electricity points being instigated in the hills for this purpose!

Irate, if you send the receipt to the Friends of the Fells, I'm sure they will refund you in exchange for the lawnmower (presumably it was a lawnmower, Strimmers weren't mentioned in the release, but would probably be handy too).

Alternatively, Homebase has this returns policy:

'Returns and cancellations policy
    Under our no quibble guarantee, Homebase promises to refund the cost of any item returned in its original condition. To ensure safe transit the item should be wrapped in the original delivery box or one of equivalent quality. The refund will occur on the credit or debit card that was originally used to complete the transaction. Items cannot be refunded until they have been received at the address below or in a Homebase store. We will only refund your delivery cost if the return is as a result of our error (for example, incorrect item, faulty good). This policy does not affect your statutory rights.'

So you should be okay as long as you haven't actually been out mowing the fells yet and have kept the original packaging.

Jon

Initiate Clive Clasby (Old Git)'s Avatar
    Dont feel too bad Jon, Radio 4 fell for it too!
    mmmm.. perhaps you should feel bad after all.

What? You're joking right?

Jon, did you know the details of the Homebase returns policy, or did you go to Homebase specially to find out for IR? Either way, this FMDs obviously getting to you - they should put your pathetic picture on the front of the Daily Mail so that you can influence government policy. On second thoughts... maybe not.

I thought everyone knew the Homebase returns policy. It was certainly drummed into me at school, I can't believe that everyone else escaped. I would rather die than be on the front of the Daily Mail btw, a sentiment which I'm sure would be shared by Phoenix if it could read...