Thread: Hell in Zell

Thought this might be of interest to some of you lovely people - http://hellinzell.wordpress.com/.

For those who met one of my lads at the Windy Meet in the Lakes a few weeks ago, worry not - it was his twin brother who took the worst battering.

As forThomson Ski - oh dear. Mad? I'm still more angry at them than at the little b******s who hurt my kids

Eric - you have my sympathy and my empathy. My son was attacked by two random strangers a couple of years ago and he had to have reconstructive surgery and his face gained three titanium plates, 12 screws and a polymer eye socket. Shortly after the attack his face looked hideous; black, swollen, bloody, and he had double vision as one of his eyes had dropped somewhat into the space left by the shattered socket. He has made a full recovery - including his sight - and the surgery scars are very discreet. The Max-Fax (facial) surgeons are all fantastic. He was a little nervous at first about going out again but he didn't want to let the thugs spoil his life.

I hope that your sons also have a great recovery - it must have been hell for you being so far away not knowing how they were; I know that I felt terrible even though I was here for my son.

Thinking of you all

Thanks Ninja - you don't look old enough to have a son!!

Looking on the bright side, the Austrian Police seem to be doing their job. Good luck for the outcome and best wishes to the boys.

As for Thompson, reading through your blog it looks as if some of their employees are not only incompetent, some are liars too.

‹bermensch

Bloody hell, that company appears to be no better than the scum that carried out the attack. Whatever happened to human kindness and decency.

I hope things come to a satisfactory end with this.

Sadly, 'yes', Thomson do seem to have played fast and loose with the truth. And I really have been amazed at their lack of simplehumanity.Even if they'd only done it for commercial reasons, I'd have expectedbetter treatment than my lads received.

Is there anything the Press Complaints Commission can do about those Thompson Press Releases.... at least make the newspapers print corrections or something? I wonder if Watchdog might be interested.

Regardless of that, I hope your boys will all make a full and speedy recovery.

Watchdog were amongst the people I mailed initially. The didn't seem too interested, but it might be worth another go ...

Eric, what a terrible experience. I helped out some friends, largely with language, who had to deal with acute illness in Italy, with a helpful holiday company, and it was a difficult enough process for them. To have to deal with such a lack of customer care, and basic human decency, must have been very difficult.

I hope your boys are recovering well.

Thanks Kate. You sort of wonder what the reps are there for - and if they can't cope, why they don't pass it on up the chain. It has been suggested that they're just kids, with no idea of what it means to have a child in trouble (yes, even at 19, 19and 26they're still children).

There's surely lessons to be learned by Thomson - though given their lack of interest so far, I doubt they'dbe bothered to try and improve things.

Ultra King Jamie @ www.trekkingbritain.com's Avatar

We flew over to Salzburg with Thomson last year for our anniversary, we also went to Zell am See on the train for a day to climb our first alps. We needed Thomsons help at one point, can't remember what it was but they had a tiny little shop up near the railway station in Salzburg and they had two slightly English talking reps who didn't understand a word we said which seemed odd to me for an English based company who's majority of people entering its shop there would be English speaking tourists abroad. Unfortunately its the world we now live in, everything is done online and customer service is just disappearing, if nothing ever goes wrong with bank accounts, holidays and utilities then we love getting them cheap but as soon as something goes wrong thats when it all goes wrong unfortunately as the customer facing skills are disappearing by the day. I work in the IT service industry, and to be honest I don't know how the word service even comes into it anymore.

Hope your sons have the personality to get past it and carry on with life, I would imagine that having an interest in the outdoors and having folks that do they probably know that not all life is bad and its always a minority spoiling it for the rest and that its unfortunately just a bad bit if fate sometimes when these things happen.

Hi Eric

So sorry to hear about your lads bad time hope they are ok now and on the road to recovery ...

I was on the windy meet in the Lakes but if you dont mind me asking whats your sons name who also went on that meet??

Anyway send our regards and tell them we are all thinking of them and hope you can get some answers if possible from Thomson.

DIDDY

Thanks Jamie. Yes, the boys seem to be talking it surprisingly well. Just glad to be alive as one of them said. I don't think they quite share the anger and frustration that I feel as a parent.

Initiate

Thats an awful story Eric,may they all have a speedy and full recovery.My wife got attacked in her own flat 15 years ago (before i met her) and still gets pain from her eye socket.The scumbag that done it got a suspended sentence! Hope you get abetter result through the Austrian judicial system.

As for reps so many are younge poorly experienced and trained that they are better bypassed in favour of dealing directly with the insurance company.

Zell always struck me as such a beautiful peaceful place,obviously not!

Zell is fine - it's just these idiots making a nuisance of themselves. Seems they were refused citizenship and laid into the local magistrate's son a few weeks before they picked on my lads. Up for a fight, so long as there'seasy prey to pick on ...

Don't let it put you off Zell - though I wouldn't advise going with Thomson!