Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: stuff

:-0

Well I have a Craggy Flow Motion (Dynamic Balance) sac and I haven't a clue wot Alex is on about because it was, is, and will always be the most comfortable sac I have ever worn. Maybe there was a dodgy batch?

Mini Goon
    I have one too and once on the carousel at Geneva Airport the said steel bar was protruding several inches so I just took it out altogether and threw it away and have had no problems since and I still use it on all the long distance walks I do.
    I think the initial design must have been altered cos I had a look at one later in a shop and there was no visible bar where mine had been.

There was a batch of Craghoppers packs where they inserted the bar the wrong way round, so the curve of the bar actually pushed into your back. I, erm, re-insterted the bar on the WP65 test pack I had at the time.

Curiously, Sal - remember Sal, who is now at Harvard - was using a women's specific Crags pack that had a great big adjustment buckle right in the centre of her back.

My main crit of Craghoppers packs is that they are a bit heavy, the waterproof ones are a bit fiddly to use and don't, in some cases, have enough external pockets and the shoulder straps are overpadded so they tend to roll out of position for some people. The Flo Motion though is great. Jack Wolfskin have a very similar system as well where the shoulder straps can move with your shoulders.

My Macpac has been the closest thing to waterproof you can get only slight seepage in the seams. I cant rate them highly enough. The best women?s specific sack harness too...but that won't be of interest to you Steve!

Jon, i aint really seen any cragy bags anywher, r they mucho expensivo?

Heidi Queen of Reviews - Macpac stuff has a way of lookin hard as nails, i wudnt expect less than wot uv said about ther stuff. I'd luv t get a Gisslade but i dont think i can warrant buyin a bag that price

Ospray seem to make some really nice rucksacks, I bought the 10 liter "Solo" in Fort William this weekend & it's a beauty. Will try the "Aether 63 L" next weekend in the shops, lightwight at something like 1.57 kilos & nice design. (And I can attach the Solo on its back). Will make sure fit is right before purchase this time..

I use the Craghoppers Outlet at Glasshoughton - last season's model half-price. Mmmmmmm.
    My 40L Flo-motion was 40 something down from RRP 90-odd.
    Try the retailers in the OM link window on the left of the front page.

Why I have too much homework to do? What should I do?