Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what did you do this weekend gone?

Friday: worked and went out in Kayak in the evening.

Saturday: worked and went for a run around nether Wasdale common and the lake after work.

Sunday: worked and went for a run around Mosedale and blacksail pass after work, then pottered around in kayak for a bit taking dog for a swim, oh hang on a min that could have been after the Sat run ?

can't remember, must be getting old

Saturday - post trauma ride in the Dales, started well then the bridleway disintegrated into pathless tussock and my mate's seat clamp snapped, so he no longer had a saddle. Still a fantastic day, even if a hard week meant I suffered the delights of over training all day...

Sunday - fed ducks, sat in sun, had pub lunch, sold car. Very melllow. Then went to the gym, I think, as penance.

Goon
    Sat - Built new garden and fence with father as dog had ate the previous one (thats both garden and fence, the little b*stard) went home to house with no garden at all - got very drunk in pub and went for a wander down the trail with a couple of bottles of wine to share amongst a few friends, talked with great enthusiasm about the epic walk we would embark on the next day (a nice 12-15 mile jaunt with the oppertunity of a scramble about)

Sun - Woke up, was very ill, went back to sleep, woke up thought about epic walk,Wife cooked sausages!! (evil witch) was ill some more, went back to sleep, woke up, too late to walk, wife drove to Hathersage to look at gear we can't afford, bought soup instead, came home, went back to sleep after swearing never to drink again (whilst nursing a medicinal pint)

Great weekend, wish I'd made the walk though.

Saturday: Clambered up Beinn Liath Mhor Fannaich, Sgurr Mor, Meall Gorm & An Coileachan in the Fannaichs. Excellent day with stunning views. Bumped into a guy doing all the munros in a year to raise money for Cancer Research, all whilst working full time.

Sunday: Went up Sgurr Breac & A Chailleach, also in the Fannaichs. Was force fed the equivalent of a medieval banquet at night. Felt ill....

Monday: (ok, technically not the weekend, but I took the day off). Long slog up Moruisg and then on to a much nicer rocky approach to Sgurr nan Ceannaichean. I was trying to convince myself I was getting flu-like symptoms on the way down, so I could 'phone in sick for the next day or two. My conscience got the better of me, damn it, so I'm unhappily sat if front of my computer now. Bah!

Camped in Langdale. Saturday did Bowfell via Blisco, the Crags and Bowfell and back down to the ODG for a pint. Weather was fantastic. Sunday some scrambling followed by a quick shopping trip to Ambleside (my wallet still hurts).

Now sitting here at my desk looking out of the window and wishing I was some place else. Going back this weekend mind!

Widdler
    On Sunday I did Beinn Tulaichean and Cruach Ardrain in glorious weather. Put on the sunscreen but missed a bit and managed to get sunburn in Scotland in March. There were a few others around sitting on the summits soaking up the sun with the snow slowly melting just a few meters away.

SAT Took son to Telford Ice Rink for his birthday.Total Disaster,he kept falling over & only lasted 10 mins on the ice.
    SUNDAY Took son walking Mam Tor to Losehill Ridge.Only his second time out walking after doing the Malverns with me last August.Superb weather & we sat on top of Losehill watching the Fell Runners on Edale Skyline Race struggle up to the top of Losehill.My mate from work completed the course in just over 4 hours.I would struggle to walk the course never mind run it.Mind you he is 17 years younger than me!

fri: (ok not the weekend but was sat at home pretending to be ill so effectively a day off). frantically tried to finish art coursework that was already 2 wks overdue. fri nite went to mess about at the wall for a bit and trashed my hand on 2nd climb. doh! spent next 2 hrs climbing with 1 finger on right hand. am still in pain.

sat: got up at some stupidly early hour, went and splodged cream on top of cakes all day. yet more art in evening.

sun: lovely sunny day and was sat inside doing yet MORE art. finally finished at midnight-ish.

mon: HANDED ART IN!!!!!!!!!! (2 1/2 wks late).

my plans for next w/end? the next damned art project. word of warning. do NOT, under ANY circumstances do A level art. you no longer have a life.

actually, mtbing next sun. on mothers day. oops. ;-)

Ultra King Dave O aka Jungle Dave ;)'s Avatar
    Well I'm afrais to say that I'm well past that stage I'm final year degree but I'll bear that in mind if I do alevels again...

Mini Goon
    Langdale. Sat - Stickle Tarn, Jack's Rake to Pavey Ark, Harrison Stickle, Pike of Stickle, Old Dungeon Gyhll. Sunday on Lingmoor Fell - great weekend.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

beginning to think my lack of talent in drawing n art is a blessing!

joy...Nice

Alex...soon mate soon!

Nice to read that so many people were getting out & about

well this is an outdoors website after all

Ultra King Dave O aka Jungle Dave ;)'s Avatar
    Well I have spent this afernoon playing golf in a match against the staff....
    I then spent an enjoyable couple of hours in the clubhouse enjoying a couple of pints....
    What a nice way to spend a nice afternoon.

Did ya win?