Thread: Decent Llanberis Pubs?

Are there any decent pubs in Llanberis? I've been put off staying there in the past because of the apparent lack of pubs but thought it may be worth asking the question. Cask beer is essential!

Hmm, I once spent a fun time wandering round trying to find a pub that would let us in with a dog. We went into some right local places (thankfully they refused us) and in the end ended up in the Heights which was pleasent enough. Can't recall what the beer was like though.

THe heights is ok, full of chavs though and idiots. Not my fav place. There arent really any decent pubs there in my oppinion. Y Fricsan (Snowdon Inn) in Cwm y Glo just outside of Llanberis in the Caernarfon Direction is a good one, and thats the walkers/climbers pub it seems. Run by soem great people and they will often have live music there. The beer is pretty good too. They have a campsite and a few rooms if you need it. That would be my first choice in the area. Alternatively the Vaenol arms in Nant Peris is nice. Its a shame Llanberis deosent have anywhere decent really.

Widdler

Vaynol Arms at Nant Peris is excellent - great chilli, but it is a Robinson's pub.

The Glyntwrog (spelt wrong) at llanrig is good as well.

The Fricsan in Cwm y Glo (on the way to Caernarfon) is good place and dog friendly.

I would also back the Vaynol Arms in Nant Peris and Pentir (on the way to Bangor) and the Glyntwrog in Llanrug.

Heights is not on my list of places or any other in Llanberis at the mo.

Thanks - I thought as much, having been there loads of times. I'd hoped there mmay be a hidden gem somewhere! Been to the Vaynol and Bryn tyrch before so it will be one of those two.

Widdler

Hello, I see this is from 2007... are there now any decent pubs in Llanberis please?

The place that does Pizza and a Pint, was a fiver a while back, has a nice atmosphere bu I don't recall the name. The Heights has changed since 07 and is supposed to be back on form lately,

Use the Vaynol in Nant Peris from time to time but for me (20 trips to Wales last year) you can't beat the Tyn y Coed in Capel Curig - a decent pub for food and beer. Always full of walkers, climbers, etc.

Pizza + Pint (& lots more) is at Gallt y glyn; wood fire, real ales, environmentally friendly. At the edge of Llanberis on the way to Caernarfon.

‹bermensch Salmon Shirted Panther's Avatar

Y Giler Arms is always worth a visit when heading over to Snowdonia: It is not far from Betws-y-Coed (post code LL24 0LL). I haven't stopped there but they do B&B and have a little camp-site at the side of the pub.

Bathams beer is a real favourite around the Black Counrty.

‹bermensch Salmon Shirted Panther's Avatar

Just to qualify what I mean: I have spent the night there, I have, however, had a few scoops of Bathams Bitter

Widdler

Thanks so muchfor the advise

Goon

Sad days when bouncing between the Pad and the Vic isn't worth bothering with by the sound of it

Widdler

The heights has really uped it's game in the last couple of years, which for me is a shame I used to prefer Saturday nights on there not knowing if you are going to come out with a local girl or in a fight!! Either way ape great nights there

Widdler

The heights has really uped it's game in the last couple of years, which for me is a shame I used to prefer Saturday nights in there not knowing if you are going to come out with a local girl or in a fight!! Either way some great nights there

Widdler

Decent Llanberis pubs is one of life's great mysteries. I've just spent the weekend in the town, and the Heights gave good food and decent beer.