Thread: OutDoor Camping Gear

OutDoor Camping Gear

i have been looking around for some good camping gear, i am thinking to buy a knife that is solid and durable for outdoor adventures. Plus i do will be needing some flash light, any suggestion you all can share what i should buy.
    i can attach a picture of what i was looking at.u-s-army-brigade-serrated-pocket-knife.jpg U.S. Army Brigade Serrated Pocket Knife

and this flashlight 11G3-AZ132-16-2T.jpg Tactical Heat Treated Diamond Grip Flashlight 16 inch Baton

I have always been partial to the Fenix PD35... multiple battery options and very durable. Can drop, kick, or sky it and it will continue. Here's one writeup: https://bestsurvival.org/fenix-pd35-flashlight-review/

No suggestions on knives. I tend to shy away from blades like you show. Too difficult to sharpen the teeth of a serrated blade...
    Ryan T.
    "Good things come to those who bait" GearLobo
    "My biggest fear is that after I die, my wife will sell my gear for what I told her I paid for it"

thank you RyanTemp for the suggestion i will most definitely will look into it.

Thanks to the thoughtless, violent actions of dozens of scumbags, who have stabbed people to death with them, knife law in the UK has become ridiculously restrictive. The only knives we can legally carry must have a folding blade that is no longer than 3 inches, and it must not have a lock on it to keep the blade from folding accidentally, which actually increases the danger of the user getting cut with with their own knife!

Ultra King
    There's ways around the laws to get a safe knife IIRC. There's ones where there's a blunt curved part of the blade for holding, effectively part of the handle. It prevents folding and creates a legal knife that's safe to use. Something like that but I can't remember the brand / model or even the exact details of the construction that makes it safe.

Try looking at Spydeco knives. They do very good legal knives in many countries. You need to know that UK laws are often closely matched in other European countries and indeed further afield. So to be sure you're not breaking laws on foreign trips you're best getting UK legal knives IMHO. You don't want to rely on fair use exemptions in a foreign country with possibly just phrasebook grasp of the local language.

Ultra King
    PS serrated knives are not easy to sharpen and IMHO are no better at cutting what you'd cut with a knife than normal knife grinds. If your need a sawing action take a folding saw. Bahco are decent but there's many available of equivalent or better quality.

ill have too look in to the suggestions you guys are giving as, most of the name i am not familiar with so ill go look around and see where i stand. Then ill get back to you guys with my further questions. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanTemp View Post
    I have always been partial to the Fenix PD35... multiple battery options and very durable. Can drop, kick, or sky it and it will continue. Here's one writeup: https://bestsurvival.org/fenix-pd35-flashlight-review/

No suggestions on knives. I tend to shy away from blades like you show. Too difficult to sharpen the teeth of a serrated blade...
    What do you think of this knife https://swordsswords.com/knives/wild...ing-knife.html, i think it is easier to to maintain and to use as well, but it wont fold.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy02 View Post
    What do you think of this knife https://swordsswords.com/knives/wild...ing-knife.html, i think it is easier to to maintain and to use as well, but it wont fold.
    Just now seeing this... to be honest mate, I prefer a solid locking folder. I have a few and just find that they get carried (and therefore used) more. If you do prefer a fixed blade for walking, personally, I would go with a Morakniv. You can find them for 10-12 pounds, and they are a true working knife... the one you mentioned looks a tad gimmicky and perhaps a hollow handle.
    Ryan T.
    "Good things come to those who bait" GearLobo
    "My biggest fear is that after I die, my wife will sell my gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Yes, I also carry those item. My extra items are backpack, tent and sleeping bag.