Thread: T shirts in November

Ultra King Ddyrchafedig Gyrrwr (Beic Modur)'s Avatar
    At mid day today my mate and his wife called at the bungalow and we decided to walk up Mynydd Maen, my local mountain.

We were that warm on the climb up that we had to take off our fleeces and walk in T shirts.

Even as we crested the ridge and the wind cut in, we had to put our fleeces back on, but it was still quite warm.

I have never known it to be so warm the first week in November!

Once spent a week putting signs up in a field (connected with an agricultural museum)near cambridge in february .I was so sun burnt that Sue thought I had been to tenerife with the lads ,not sure that she still doesnt think so .

Been lovely.

Moel Siabod via Daear Ddu today followed by the long trip back down south.

Two base layers for the walk in, featherlite smock as we went up the ridge, very windy and cloudy on the very summit so lots of layers and cowered in the shelter for a spot of lunch, fleece and smock along the top then fleece off for descent and back to base layers only for the walk out.

I was sat on one of the tops just north of Moel Famau today, marshalling for one of our fundraising fellraces. Chuffing cold after being sat still for a couple of hours writing down numbers and times. Having said that, catching a lift back down in one of the landrovers was most welcome...

Wearing: L/sleeve baselayer, rab phantom hoodie, rab waterproof (old!)

I remember many years ago (10+) doing my ml training in the lake district in February. For the overnighter, we walked in during a snow blizzard. Full l/s baselayer, fleece and waterproofs.

Then all changed, cold winter night wrapped up in sleeping bag in old style Vango (you know the heavy canvas one) that we had carried in then it was time to walk out. Well we ended walking out in T-shirt and trousers with glorious sunshine to go.

Never forget that wonderful experience.

I just had a look at some old photos and the date says 17 nov 2005 and i was in the valley walking upto Garnedd Uchaf just as dawn was breaking on a cold cloudy windy day.
    we had the full gear on hat,gloves,fleece,waterproof because the wind was freezing and by the time we arrived at the mountain hut on FOEL GRACH the sun was out the layers came off one by one and it turned too blus skies and white floors**(would put some pics into colum but dont know how too)**...
    Then out to Yr Elen back to Carnedd Llewelyn along to dafydd.
    by this time all that was on was the base layer and a full rucksack of gear.
    the day turned out to be so hot that we had to stop on the way down due to lack of water and exhaustion so we decided to rest and all three of us then noticed that we were actually sunburn (middle of november??)..
    The best single day ive had in snowdonia for the weather, views,walk,and almost total solitude,must of only seen about 6 people that day...
    *WOW*What a day ,and some top photos>....