Thread: Montane Verso Jacket £85.00 or Snugpak Sleeka Elite &pound

Following a previous thread i am after a lightweight yet warmmid layer to go under my duckdown jacket. These are the 2 that are favourites at the moment

Montane Verso Jacket at 85.00

Snugpak Sneeka Elite at 48.00

I have tried the Snugpak on & its a bit of a squeeze under my duckdown Jacket ... Would the Montane Verso be much less bulky & how does it compare in warmth to the Snugpak ??

Any info appreciated please

Can?t comment on the snugpak but I do have a verso

The verso is really an outer layer, it users Primaloft insulation instead of Down ? but you knew that bit

I wore my Verso last year in the Alps, ok for evenings and as an outer layer while doing high up stuff ?whilst on the move?, ok as part of a thermal layer system but is not in its self a complete thermal system.

Wearing a Down Jacket on top of a Primaloft jacket sounds slightly weird (and hot) but I?m no expert ? if it works ???.
    You might have trouble moving your arms though ? think over inflated Michelin Man.

Yes ... this is what i found with the Snugpak i tried on today.
    It does get flippin cold when fishing 48hrs plus in midwinter so really need something thinner (to get under the duckdown) but with very good warmth & preferably windproof (for the odd occasion i take the duckdown jacket off).

Any suggestions ??

have you looked at a buffulo top with the bown over the top then for when its get cold, this would work by its self in the more mild months aswell

Yes Thanks ... have checked on Buffalo website ... seem very similar to the Snugpak in weight & i assume bulk

I have worn on wild camps my Montane Solo (it's like an old version of a Verso) with a down gilet on top. You get great mobility for tent manoevers and a lot of warmth, it's a great compromise.

Verso over Snugpak and Buffalo.

Thanks for the info Dandy

Still undecided on the mid layer ... I think i've now ruled out Snugpak & similar as i think will be too bulky. I quite like look of the Lowe Alpine microgrid so still under consideration

May try a couple of base layers underneath the duckdown jacket & see if that does the trick first

Appreciate all the feeback i've had & happy to still consider any suggestions

NB : I've just ordered my waterproofs this morning ... Decided to go for the Greys GRXI weathershield jaket & trousers (150 for both so fingers crossed its good stuff) which is a fishing brand