Thread: Snugpak's

Anyone had experience of the Snugpak sleeping bags, particularly the 'Softie Chrysalis Autumn'.

Can't seem to find any reviews on here so hoping someone may have one but not posted a review.

I'm looking to do a bit (well a lot really) of wild camping using just my goretex bivvy bag, self inflating mat(and maybe a tarp). Obviously need to keep the weight down and the Snugpak's seem ideal for weight and warmth (on my budget).

Cheers

Doh!!!!, just found one review, need to change me glasses.....I knew I should have gone to spec savers :-)

Anyway, other comments welcome.

Sleeping bags are like footwear - entirely a personal thing. If you're a warm sleeper, then you can get away with a lighter bag. If you're a cold sleeper, you'll need a heavier and bulkier bag.

I use a Snugpak Travelite, which is rated 'one season', weight very little and packs very small, and I can use it for everything except winter camping, for which I'll upgrade to one of several three season bags I possess. But then I'm a warm sleeper, so I can get away with it. A cold sleeper would probably suffer greatly in a Travelite even in a heatwave! So... for you... it's whatever works.

Mini Goon
    Ive got a sungpack softie merlin and a softie 12 osprey ! again it depends how you run. i am a fan of softies, the merlin is an excellent low bulk and low weight bag for what i use it for and i also have the softie 12 for colder winter nights !

I have the Snugpak kilo which is one rating cooler than yours and it is absolutely fantastic. I 've used it in some pretty cool nights 3 or 4 degrees and VERY damp/soaked at the foot end, and it has always done the job superbly. The optional wider setting is genius and Ive sat in this bag indoors for setee style expeditions! I have had this bag for 5 years and I still cant find any reason to change it, nothing has broken/torn at all,its amazingly warm for its bulk(seriously),and it keeps you warm despite being wet unlike down.AWESOME SNUGPAK.

Widdler
    I have the Chrysalis Kilo. Good down to about 5 degrees with some clothing imo. The zip baffle is very useful.