Thread: Soft Shell Trousers

Widdler

Soft Shell Trousers

I am looking for some soft shell trousers that are good for high level UK hill walking in winter. Old Rohan Striders would be about the right protection level. Does anyone have experience of the Amazon cheapies or the current high street offers.

Chris

Mini Goon
    I have some Decathlon ones that are pretty good. However they seem to have mucked about with the range and names so the ones I have are no longer available. I believe they now sell them as "snow hiking trousers". Having said that I can't promise they're the same.

They are a bit stretchy with a windproof and water-resistant smooth outer and a brushed fleecy inner face.

‹bermensch
    Quote Originally Posted by Noz View Post
    I have some Decathlon ones that are pretty good. However they seem to have mucked about with the range and names so the ones I have are no longer available. I believe they now sell them as "snow hiking trousers". Having said that I can't promise they're the same.

They are a bit stretchy with a windproof and water-resistant smooth outer and a brushed fleecy inner face.
    The snow hiking trousers are really very good, especially for under £40. Nice, simple features, good fabric and a reasonably close cut.

Initiate
    I have some Rohan Striders, unused, still with labels on. Size 38 - Rohan made a mistake in replacing my 34s and I never sent them back as they hadn't then got my size. I've been meaning to sell them. Anyone interested? Rob

Widdler
    Quote Originally Posted by rob dixon 2 View Post
    I have some Rohan Striders, unused, still with labels on. Size 38 - Rohan made a mistake in replacing my 34s and I never sent them back as they hadn't then got my size. I've been meaning to sell them. Anyone interested? Rob
    Shame I'm too skinny to fit them. I note their Rohan replacement is now £99.

Chris

Widdler
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Hurst View Post
    The snow hiking trousers are really very good, especially for under £40. Nice, simple features, good fabric and a reasonably close cut.
    I got a pair of the Decathlon snow hiking ones for Christmas. They seem ideal, good fit for skinny me, warm and good value. Thanks for the tip Guy.