Thread: Right Angle - The 50th Anniversary Ascent!

Mini Goon

Right Angle - The 50th Anniversary Ascent!

Good afternoon to you all

For anyone interested here's a wee video I made to celebrate the 50th anniversary ascent of a classic rock climb called "Right Angle" at Gurnard's Head in Cornwall. One of the great rock climbs of it's grade in the UK and first climbed on August 26th 1966 by my friend and climbing buddy Iain Peters at the tender age of 17.

The rather ambitious plan on this serious and committing sea-cliff climb was to try and get 50 climbers up the route in a day with some cunning pre-rigging of the gear and belays so all we needed was the weather to play ball. And after a cloudy, blustery start it turned into a lovely bluebird day and a large group of friends, with ages ranging from 8 to 68, turned up and all helped make it a fun-filled event!

So did we manage to get 50 climbers up the route in a day? Well have a look at the vid, complete with some cool drone footage of one the great sea-cliff climbs to find out!

All constructive feedback welcome, please feel free to share and hopefully it will brighten up a tea break up with a brew and biscuit! :-)

Cheers

Dave

‹bermensch
    Its a cracking route, having lived down there, I did it one News Years day, it was a day you don't forget. It might have been youthful stupidity, or volume of alcohol from the night before, but it so warm due to the sun reflecting off the sea, we ended up taking our shirts off!

Mini Goon
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Its a cracking route, having lived down there, I did it one News Years day, it was a day you don't forget. It might have been youthful stupidity, or volume of alcohol from the night before, but it so warm due to the sun reflecting off the sea, we ended up taking our shirts off!
    Hey Chewie thanks for taking the time to post and indeed Right Angle is a route you will never forget! :-) Cheers Dave