Thread: ADVICE NEEDED: Leaking Outwell Arkansas 5

ADVICE NEEDED: Leaking Outwell Arkansas 5

Hello all,

On Saturday we are setting off on our annual camping holiday, in preparation bought an Outwell Arkansas 5 tent from Ebay in great condition, since we got it a couple of months ago we've done a couple of test pitches, and on Saturday we put it up ready for the rain we could give it a rain test and rain in pooling in the roof and leaking through!!!!!. I have a can of Fabsil to re-proof the tent will this fix the problem, or have I done something wrong when putting the rent up as the rain water does not seem to run off the middle sections of the roof. Has Anyone else encountered this problem with a Arkansas 5?

Mini Goon
    You may be better of asking somewhere like ukcampsites forum, but having had many outwells myself I would say you are not pitching it right, invest in some decent pegs and get it a tault as you can. There should not be any flat surfaces at all on top.....

Mini Goon
    Is it leaking in the middle of a panel? Or at the edge where the stitching is?
    When you look up at the roof in the sunlight can you see any tiny pinpricks of light coming through either in he panel or at the stitching?

Is the fabric on the roof at all discoloured or faded?