Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Trail Subscription offer

The latest Trail E-Newsletter contain a great subscription offer, but you'll have to argue your case to get it as an existing subscriber due a gift.

They're offering a "Ring Automotive Cybalite and a Mininverter!" or in English a neat little LCD map light and a convertor to use your cigarette lighter in your car with standard 3 pin plug devices. Ring u and they try and convince you it's one or he other, but the advert says "and" not "or".

Just to make things worthwhile it then goes on to say in the same advert "Subscribe by Direct debit and we'll even send you a trail rucksack raincover, giving your backpack extra protection from the elements". Again they tried t argue it was one or the other, but they've now had a copy of the advert sent to them and accepted that the wording allows you to claim all 3 gifts!!!

If you have problems talk to Lisa Wanless in the Tower Publishing Subs department as she knows all about it now ;-)

i'm sure she will love the fact you've put it on a forum !

Am I bothered? ;-)

Seriously though, I did tell he I'd be posting it, and she said they'll be gearing up for a rush lol.

How do you access this? Trailmagazine.com just offers a camelbak -we have loads of that sort of thing but do need a miniverter.
    On the mag site the Cybalite and a Mininverter seem only to be offered with Country Walking...

And I'm not an existing subscriber

you need to subscribe to their newsletter JJ, haven't got time at the moment as I'm trying to meet a deadline in time to get off to the lakes but will forward it to you MOnday.

Trail speaks:-

Dave,
    I don't think we considered that our contact centre would be called as this was an internet offer with a link from the enewsletter to the website that would have allowed you to order.
    The contact centre have now been fully briefed and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

JJ if you type www.greatmagazines.co.uk and then once the screen has loaded change the 61 at the end to 349 you too will be able to see the offer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Stu, and nice to see Trail on here

Well I'd need it for a holiday this August and knowing Trial it wouldn't arrive for a few months so maybe I'd be wasting my time...

but thanks for coming on here to help, it's much appreciated. And nice to see Trail actually here in person.

‹bermensch Cara-Lyn:  Stealth Sloth's Avatar
    Technophobe girly question....

These inverter thingies - could they power hairdryers? Or just things like laptops and non-girly things?

Ok I've subscribed. If it doesn't come in time I'll just have to buy one and then have a spare

Thank you Dave and Stuart.

It will come on time I guarantee it. They are in stock at the moment

Excellent, thank you

I'm still waiting for my freakin' Bothy Shelter from the November offer. They've constantly lied to me about it "being in the post". It's gone beyond a joke really.

Ok Stuart - now you are here (and good to see Trail representation too - may be worth admitting that in your name/profile)

I am currently 11 months into a subscription, how do I extend this with one of the online offers and not accidentally get 2 copies of next months mag (i.e. overlapping subscriptions)?

Ultra King AT (http://AyrshireTiger.wordpress.com/)'s Avatar
    I can see Stuart's going to regret this... ;-)

Seriously though, good to see Trail finally come out of the woodwork!

RobM - I've done that previously - if you explain on the phone that you want to take out another 12 month subscription and claim the free gift(s!) they should be able to simply extend your current subscription. Certainly wasn't a problem when I did it but hopefully Stuart will confirm you can still do that.

RobM, on the web-site order form you can specify the issue of Trail that you want the new subscription to start with. You could start the subscription with next month's, or the month after, or even the month after that, I think. So I guess you can avoid getting 2 x next month's.

Is Mycroft getting a cut of all the subscriptions this thread is encouraging?!!
    ;-)

Thanks for the responses non-Stuarts
    Metric Kate - that sounds the easiest way to do it - saves a possible argument too.

Now just have to decide which offer, or do I try to get the same deal as this time - no free gift but only £30 per year - are the freebies worth £12?

Having a hair-dryer running from the car battery on a campsite? Priceless!!!
    ;-)

Ultra King AT (http://AyrshireTiger.wordpress.com/)'s Avatar
    Yes Kate - it makes you wonder who Trail's target audience is doesn't it!! ;-)

RobM - a quick google shows the Ring Automotive Cybalite costs around £10 and a Mininverter around £20 so worth the extra £12 (as long as you want them of course!)

Have to admit to letting my subscription lapse partly because after 4 years it was becoming a bit repetitive. However if a decent free gift was offered I might be persuaded to subscribe again...just not convinced I need these particular freebies as I don't have a laptop or a hairdryer ;-)