Thread: 4 person family tent suggestions for a reluctant family...

Widdler

4 person family tent suggestions for a reluctant family...

Hi

Having had two children (2.5 and 7 months old), it's time to get back outdoors. I am experienced in wild camping in the Uk throughout the year and have been camping for 30 years. My partner is not so keen, but I have convinced her that we should all go camping in a few weeks in northern Wales.

we need a tent big enough for us all and all our truck, that will stay standing in a gale, have two sleeping compartments and not be too bulky to carry - we're not anywhere with car access.

I've seen the Vaude Badawi tents which look good, and also the Terra Nova Zephyros 4 tent. Any advice or other suggestions?

thanks.

I've spent a long weekend in an earlier version of the Zephyros 4 Living, it was semi-geo rather than tunnel (if you can call the 4 a tunnel tent given its height). Not exactly the same as the 4, but close enough, I think, to give you an idea. It was a terrific tent, we loved having the head space, and the pods at either end gave plenty of room and made it nice and airy. I've seriously thought about buying a 4 Living for myself for campsite living!

At 7 kilos it's a bit heavy, but that's way heavier than the Vaude.

Worth trying to see anything pitched so you can have a good look at it for yourselves though.

If you have a truck and you got a good space in the bed, maybe this tent is good to use. It seems easy to install over the truck parts. Found it on youtube.

Mini Goon
    Are you really going that far from roads with a toddler and a babe in arms?

Widdler
    But, what is your budget? What material do you prefer? Are you going on foot?