Thread: Child Sleeping bag recommendations

Widdler

Child Sleeping bag recommendations

Hi,

I'm about to head to Japan with partner and four year old son. I'm trying to find a decent kids sleeping bag that is a good balance between weight - packed size - performance (comfort to +6) - price.

Any recommendations/top tips appreciated.

Thanks

Have a look at Aliexpress for cheap down bags....

Ultra King
    Have you considered an adult or women's bag? Depending on the age of the child you could tie the sleeping bag to the correct length of the child. A simple bit of string or lightweight strap that can be moved down as the child grows.

We're planning on doing this for our 4 year old. We've had children's bags and they're very bulky and heavy. My down/primaloft sleeping bag in xl size is lighter and less bulky than our child's short sleeping bag designed for children. It's a good brand too, vaude.

My suggestions include Alpkit pipedream 200 or 400 costs 140 or 160 IIRC. The lightest is about 600g and comfort to 7C.

You've missed the phd designs spring sale. 186 for minim 350 that's about 500g and the best down in the market I reckon. Also available with short and slim modifications without cost. No zip but short available for something like 40. Now it's probably 100 more.

Mini Goon
    I second the "buy an adult bag" argument.

My kids have been in adult bags since 2 - 3 years old and have been fine. There is a counter argument that they are too small to warm up the bag / air in the bag but they haven't been sleeping in tough conditions so the bag is higher spec than they need "on paper" if you see what I mean. e.g. they have a bag rated to +2 / 3 and are sleeping in it in a UK summer evening.

Mine have used NF Gold Kazoo that were bought on ebay as new / nearly new and at a very good price, buy Alpkit bags would be another good recommendation