Thread: Snugpak

Mini Goon
    Can anyone give me some thoughts on the Snugpak Pile Shirt (Elite)? I am wondering what it's like when compared to a similar Buffalo or Montane Double P garment in terms of heat retention, wicking ability etc. I like the fact that it's a good deal cheaper than the others )

Thanks

Initiate
    its got a much better design - IMHO - deeper front pocket, thumb loops, higher neck gaiter etc...

i have the softie shirt, same layout but instead of pile it has a synthetic fill and microfibre 'inner'. i think the P2 version will be better for UK use, though it doesn't go into such a small bag as mine. mine, while not disappointing when wet, didn't perform as well as pile - though i think its warmer when dry.

only issue is sizing, i have a small and yet i'm 5ft 7, with a 42 inch chest. the medium drowned me.

NO hood. But my good lady stitched Velcro on the collar, and I can attach a buffalo hood.
    Other than the hood issue it's a great product like everything else in the Snugpak range.

Initiate
    if its the jacket i'm thinking of, it now comes with two detachable hoods, one insulated and one not.

i've found it for 47 - how about you?

Mini Goon
    This is indeed the jacket I'm talking about. The best price I've seen so far is 49.99 from gazzaproducts.co.uk with free postage. I've recently been led to believe that any new Snugpak product which is follwed by the word 'elite' is made in the far east and not the uk, interesting huh? That's why the new 'elite' versions of the old products are selling for less ie. they're cheaper to produce. Should be interesting to see what happens to the prices of the 'old' products when they shift their entire manufacturing out of the UK...

Ahhhh , mine is the older model. The new Elite shirt looks great, and comes with two hoods.