Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nordisk tents

Widdler

I've had a Telemark LW 1 for about a year - incredibly light and excellently configured and has endured some very pretty wild weather.

Very impressed by the brand so added a Svalbard SI 1 for the winter (loads of room, bomb-proof materials and also thoughtfully designed) and it's seen me through some horrendous conditions.

Initiate

im looking at a nordisk trollheimen ? any one got one ? looks very similar to a TN Ultra Quasar but at a fraction of the price any advice would b great

Widdler

I am a serving British Solider and I bought a Nordisk Rago 4 Tent, I found that on one side of the tent was a hole.. Sent it back to the head quarters and was told that I would need to buy another one at 460 Euro's

Mini Goon

Looked at these a few weeks ago. Lets be honest , when you look at the tent designs these days .Most of them must be coming from the same factory !! They looked good value .But i decided that for my budget it was going to be either ,Robens, Vango or Vaude .

Vaude won my money

Vaude manufacture excellent tents.

I will never ever forget the night from hell when I camped on my own at Angle tarn below Bowfell in a Vaude Hogan Ultralight 1 tent.

The heavens opened,the wind picked up and it absolutely lashed it down.

I didn't get a wink of sleep but I remained dry and the tent stood up to everything thrown at it.

It gave me great confidence in their products and I lived to fight another day!!!

I now have the Hogan Ultralight XP which is a little heavier around the 1600 gr mark but comes with the seams already sealed and is more spacious and also has a larger porch.

Great tents.

Widdler

Can anyone tell me how to repair a very small tear in the flysheet of a Nordisk Telemark Light Weight 2? I managed to push the pole through the side of the sleeve near the point at which the pole exits. Does the flysheet have a silicon finish? At any rate the McNet patches that Cotswold sold me to do the job don't work. Any suggestions?

Mini Goon
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Derricourt View Post

Can anyone tell me how to repair a very small tear in the flysheet of a Nordisk Telemark Light Weight 2? I managed to push the pole through the side of the sleeve near the point at which the pole exits. Does the flysheet have a silicon finish? At any rate the McNet patches that Cotswold sold me to do the job don't work. Any suggestions?
    Did you get an answer to this? Mcnetts patches are for PU and won't work on silnylon. But you could stick a small silnylon patch over the hole using silicon seam sealer diluted (about 2:1) with white spirit as glue. Just make sure that the sealer doesn't go through the hole and stick the two side of the pole sleeve together.

Widdler

Thanks very much, Matt. No, I hadn't had an answer. Will try that.