Thread: Recommendations For Roomy Tent

Widdler

Recommendations For Roomy Tent

I've just picked up a load of new bits and having researched them I am suffering from gear-research-fatigue. I now need to get one more thing and was hoping for some recommendations...

I've got a Tarptent Scarp 2 which (for money) is the best little tent around. It is really spacious for one person and you can fit two and has been perfect for walking solo or with my girlfriend. However we're shortly going to be spending some time away staying only at campsites and I'm looking for a good roomy tent that we aren't going to get claustrophobia in if it rains all day. Something that we can sit up in. Or maybe even sit in with camping chairs. Possibly even something with a separate sleeping room and a porch. We have a car so weight isn't really a problem, but a lot of the tents I've looked at appear to be inviting a gust of wind to level them and we definitely need something that can take a kicking.

If anyone can recommend something that fits the bill I'd really appreciate it.

Check out the Eureka Wickiup 4 or 6.

Or the Locusgear Soris..

Have a look on ukcampsite forums, they have a lot of tents that have been reviewed and you can search for size and type.

When I used to take the family car camping I used Outwell tents reasonable quality and not to expensive.

Widdler

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rudidercoole View Post
    Check out the Eureka Wickiup 4 or 6.

Or the Locusgear Soris..
    Thanks. They both look really interesting.

Widdler
    Quote Originally Posted by Chmusar View Post
    Have a look on ukcampsite forums, they have a lot of tents that have been reviewed and you can search for size and type.

When I used to take the family car camping I used Outwell tents reasonable quality and not to expensive.
    Thanks. I'll take a look. I'd think I'd written Outwell off but looks like they have an enormous range.

Mini Goon
    Hi
    I have a big out well family tent it's great, but for something in between a backpacker and a big tent I am considering a vango Icarus.

it has a bedroom and a seating area ideal for two for short breaks or as a base camp. 199.00 on some sites now

john

Goon
    As your familiar to Tarptent, I can recommend the Tarptent Motrail.
    very roomie for Two and a palace for One.

https://www.tarptent.com/photos/motrail_1.jpg

How the hell do you put up pics now?
    Last edited by FOX160; 09-05-2017 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Place picture