Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Magazine in a timewarp

What, to wrap your chips in?

Provided of course someone hasn't first wiped their ... no enough already.

"Always keep a moss-covered rock handy."

I think I'll make that my one and only new years resolution!

Sorry, was temporarilly bored. I'll go now.

OK, sorry, I got a bit journalistic myself there.

To maintain the balance I should have said ?The Daily Record AND the Scottish Assembly being an exception to the norm?

And there are those that might say that anywhere south of Perth might as well be in England ;¬)

Ultra King
    The MoS can't possibly work as toilet paper, it's full of s*** already.

Mini Goon
    "TOTAL GUITAR: Good concept (cover cd and tracks to play along with inside). Gear reviews, everything you'd expect in a very slick package. No I don't play a guitar. My eldest son does, but I enjoy looking at this every month."

But unfortunately the writers really aren't that well informed. Decent stuff for the novice but sometimes not terribly accurate in the information it tries to impart.

CAR magazine has done a fine job of combining intelligent editorial and reviews, great design and excellent photography for the 15 years I've been reading it. Recent revamps have brought in the odd annoying lads' mag-isms but I'm sure that fad will pass.

It's years since I bought TGO or Trail but I do remember noticing that that the latter was attractively presented but lacking depth and vice versa.

Alex

The passion that people often show in defending their preference of Trail or TGO seems revealing...

It suggests to me that both TGO AND Trail are doing a great deal that's exactly right for their target readers.

Trail magazine is easy read and personally I think it looks the better of the 2 but I'm rather peed off with the amount of coverage the Lake District gets. Its as though other areas are shoved in as fillers to please the peasants. Both magazine eds must be tearing their hair out (apart from Mr McNeish who tore his out years ago) trying to please everybody. I'm not at all interested in walking abroad but I'm sure there are lots out there that are. What it boils down to is Personal Preference.
    An emag would be ideal as you could read or download the articles you are interested in without wading through reams of articles on the Lake District.
    BTW I like the Lakes and at present I am trying to book a cottage there for a weeks walking holiday this summer.

as with tv i managed to kick the magazine habit.
    at first i found it quite hard, every mid-month i would begin to get the shakes and my mouth would begin to go dry. the desire to rant at trail mags irresponsible journalism, blatant marketing and factual inaccuracies was so strong. similarly the desire to follow the latest advice from the tgo gurus was as hard to quit as reading my daily horoscope.
    the only antidote was to get out more - a cure that i have lapped up more greedily than any magazine

i've been clean for over 24 months now, but as they say "just one month at a time"

it wasn't easy but it was worth it and i spent the money i saved on a flight to slovenia!