Thread: Long Distance Route in Scottish Hills ~40 Days

Long Distance Route in Scottish Hills ~40 Days

Hi everyone,

As preperation for my umpcoming HRP hike in the Pyrenees i would like to do a hike through the scottish Hills.
    I am pretty much free of work commitments and therefore able to start tomorrow. I plan on starting with the HRP at the End of June.

So, i heard of the Scottish National Trail, Scottish Watershed and other combined routes. I am skilled in off-trail navigation and would prefer a more remote Route.
    I would like to start as soon as possible.
    What do you folks suggest?

After i got some suggestions i surely need to answer more questions, regarding maps etc.

Goon
    In 40 days you should be able to cover a lot of ground, but as June is fast approaching you could probably reduce that to about 3 weeks

Whatever you decide I would aim to end up & finish at Cape Wrath, then work back from there. maybe set a few points to visit en route, like - Maol Bhuide bothy, considered to be the remotest building in mainland Britain; Eas en Coulin, the highest waterfall; a couple of remote Munros, like Seanna Bhraigh or Am Mhaigean; you get the idea
    Then work back again towards the south for your starting point, perhaps at the start of the Highlands

Apologies if the Gaelic spelling is incorrect - I'm doing this out of my head and i can't be bothered to check

If you are staying in the refuges on the HRP make sure you carry something for breakfast as the refuge breakfasts were rubbish last year.Used to do little baguettes with jam but only a kind of melba toast and a brown honey bread last year not nice or filling.Also something for bites as picked up a few in the refuge beds.Definitely gone downhill from previous years.Evening meals still ok.

I will definitely love long distance route so inform me the date and time and how much cost for I love adventures

Mini Goon
    Cape Wrath trail is about 330km I think. If you want longer, you could add on the west highland way.